Complaint Review: Locate Ball Bearings

• Reported By: montoya — Nevada
Locate Ball Bearings
75090 St Charles Pl Suite B Palm Desert, California United States of America

Locate Ball Bearings Careful what you wish for Palm Desert, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We have a 99.7% customer satisfaction rating on ebay

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ball Bearings are complicated

*Consumer Comment: Locate Bal Bearings update

This company claims to find obsolete and out-of-production bearings for the buyer, but Locate Ball Bearings has really not got a clue.  For example they provide imprecise information about spec and type, and the salesman will say that a bearing is C3 tolerance when he evidently has no idea what "C3" means - at least that is what I found. And if sales says a part number matches your number and is in stock, then be very sure that what they send you is the precise part number specified -  in more than one event they sent me the wrong bearings.  Seems there's a big problem with this company having a sales office in California when their warehouse is in Ohio. In my case, LBB would not admit to receiving bearings I returned until I provided their book keeper with a tracking number - not a good sign. They will also charge your card right away and then take a week or longer to ship - SLOW.  On top of that, you have to worry about getting the bearing that you ordered. And you're not going to get any communication from LBB about anything.  I wasted hours on at least a dozen phone calls and besides firing the agent I originally spoke to, they did little else. In all fairness, one invoice went to my spam box -  unfortunately that invoice had two wrong part numbers on it, but where they got the idea that "LL" = "L" in the part number I will never know. And as far as sorting out their mistakes by email, well forget that too.  It seems that all of these companies have adopted a policy now of putting nothing in writing - especially California companies.  Best advice I can give is AVOID these people like the plague...  you probably won't get the right parts or customer service  or get what you need in time - at least that was my experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Locate-Ball-Bearings/Palm-Desert-California-92211/Locate-Ball-Bearings-Careful-what-you-wish-for-Palm-Desert-California-1039811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Locate Ball Bearings

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We have a 99.7% customer satisfaction rating on ebay

AUTHOR: Locate Ball Bearings - ()

Consumers:  This customer was not happy with his order and he was refunded in full and still he filed a complaint. We have very high customer satisfaction ratings on the two largest selling venues on the planet: Amazon and ebay at 99.7%.  We take care of our customers period. This complaint was unfounded and we did everything possible to make this customer happy.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ball Bearings are complicated

AUTHOR: Locate Ball Bearings - ()

Bearings are a very complicated product and do our best to service our customers.  There may be 20 variations or more on a particular part number call out; seals, grease, metallurgy, application, manufacture to name a few and it's a challenge especially when the bearing is no longer being produced or the customer is not an engineer and does not understand what the equipment it's gong into demands.  An example woud be a 6203 bearng for a printing press and a 6203C3W64B for a Boing jet.  Completely different bearing for a completely differnt applicaton.

In a down economy most major bearing manufacturers scale back production which creates shortages and we have to reach out to our worldwide network of suppliers to acquire some of these.  In most cases we can deliver and in some we cannot.  Unfortunately this was a case where we could not.

Locate Bal Bearings update

AUTHOR: Paul S - ()

The folks at Locate Ball Bearings seem to be working on their customer relations issues.   I ordered a package of bearings in May (2013).  We had difficulty pinpointing the correct size, so the salesman said he would take them back if they didn't fit.  They didn't fit and I sent them back.  I called twice for a refund and in about five weeks they sent me a check for a full refund, minus shipping.   In any case where you are returning merchandise, be sure to  get delivery confirmation.