Complaint Review: Locksmith On Time

• Reported By: Concerned consumer — Avondale Estates Georgia
Locksmith On Time
PO Box 47764 Atlanta, GA 30362 , Select State/Province USA

Locksmith On Time Not $19 a lock! Beware! Atlanta Georgia

February of 2014 I needed a locksmith to key my locks for me.  I called this company and received an estimate of less than $100 for three locks, however, when the technician arrived it was quite a different amount.

I was quoted up to $450.00!!! to change out my locks. While the tech was telling me the price, he proceeded to explain, in difficult to understand terms, that he could not "re-key" the locks for anything less than $40 per lock, in addition, the company only gives an estimate---he could not rekey my locks because they were a and I quote, "a bunch of garbage".

He finally changed three of the locks and charged me $235.00 which included tax and told me I should be happy as he took a video of my dog (who was barking at him from the outside patio) while he was doing the work.

He was a young person, I am a senior, so he left and I called the company.  When I called the company, the tech who worked on my locks, called me back and proceeded to "tell me off" for calling his company and complaining.

The following day, I called back to talk with the manager and the manager stood up for the employee, never addressing the fact that the tech also took videos of my dog (who was barking at him outside the door while the tech was replacing the deadbolts), nor addressing the problem of the tech calling me back to tell me off.

I wish I had heeded my gut when I read the first reports on this company.  I could have saved myself some anxiety, money, and gone to a more professional, non-bullying company with integrity.

Stay away from Locksmith on Time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2014 04:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Locksmith-On-Time/Select-StateProvince/Locksmith-On-Time-Not-19-a-lock-Beware-Atlanta-Georgia-1127502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Locksmith On Time