scholarship

• Submitted: Thu, February 26, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 26, 2009

• Reported By:Jacksonville Beach Florida
Locksmith Services
St. Augustine, Florida U.S.A.

Locksmith Services Over Charge for Lock Changing St. Augustine Florida

The attached is a dispute for the charge of $2389.20 from Locksmith services Invoice #9483
for 11-14-08. I dispute this change because the merchandise was not what I had asked for and the service was incomplete or defective. Let alone, every other locksmith company i habe spoken with has given my quotes from $600.00 to $750.

The service was performed on 11-13-08 and 11-14-09 and 11-15-08. I am including a copy of the receipt I received on the night of 11-14-08.I was changing the locks at my place of business due to the Operations Director and head of Maintenance leaving employment.
I called this locksmith out of the phone book. I was told a rough estimate was $600 to $700 but they could not guarentee that price because each call is different. It was 6:00PM at night and I had to be in a meeting so I asked the locksmith company to come.The locks that are on the doors are the kind with the barrel chamber that can be replaced or rekeyed reusing the rest of the devise.

When the locksmith arrived, I came out of the meeting and showed him the lock on the front door. I explained to him that I wanted the barrels changed. I pointed at the 5 doors to be done and asked if he understood what I needed. (Three doors at the front and 2 doors to the office. There would be a 6th door in another building- but the office was most important first. )The locksmith got started and I went back into the meeting. When I came out of the meeting at 10:30PM- the locksmith said that he needed to order more of the door lock parts and needed to come back the next day. I said that is fine and he stated he would be back at 8:30 AM.

As I was leaving the office 5 minutes later- I noticed that the locksmith had left a sander type piece of equipment in front of the exterior door and there were metal pieces and shavings on the floor at all 3 of the exterior doors.

I whistled down the locksmith in the parking lot- I asked him to clean the mess. When I looked up again, he was gone, the sander thing was gone and the shavings were still all over. So, I cleaned up the metal pieces.
The next day, the locksmith arrived at 11AM. He said he would finish the office doors and then handle the maintenance door.

He worked on the 2 office doors and then stated that he would have to put a whole new door handle on the maintenance office and would need to go get one. He would be back later that day. The locksmith had an office person call at 7PM and state that he had to order the knob and he would like to put it on the following day. Not like I had a lot of choice- so I said fine.
The following day the locksmith completed the door at the maintenance office and he left.

After he left, I noticed that he had not replaced the barrels or rekeyed them- he had replace the entire deadbolt on ALL the office doors. I was shocked. He had replaced $100+ locks with $20 locks.I went to the maintenance room to inspect that knob and found it to be correct.However, when I went to open the Maintenance door for the inside of the room, the handle came off in my hand. Needless to say, I was upset.

I went back to the office and pulled out the receipt that I had signed on Friday 11-14-08 at 8:00PM and noticed that the bill had changed from $389.20 to $2389.20.I called the locksmith company. The owner was unavailable so I explained the problem to her and she stated that she would have the owner call. They were not in the office.

I also called Citi and stated that I wanted to dispute the charge. I was told that it had not been billed yet and I would have to wait to dispute the bill.
The next day I called the locksmith company. The owner was unavailable again, so I explained the problem and asked that they have the owner call me ASAP.

I called the locksmith company 2 times a day for the next 3-4 days.I never received a return call. Once I had logged the dispute with Citi- I stopped calling the locksmith company the next day.I do believe that there is some money owed to this company.
I would be amenable to a fee of $600.00.

The above is a copy of the letter I sent to my credit card company to dispute the charge.

This company is a rip-off- BEWARE

Elizabeth
Jacksonville Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Locksmith-Services/St-Augustine-Florida-32092/Locksmith-Services-Over-Charge-for-Lock-Changing-St-Augustine-Florida-428781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Locksmith Services