• Report: #841931

Complaint Review: Locksmith on Time

• Submitted: Sun, February 19, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, June 14, 2012

• Reported By: Locksmiths in Atlanta — Johns Creek Georgia United States of America
Locksmith on Time
3113 Flowers Rd South Internet United States of America

Locksmith on Time Atlanta Locksmith deceptive pricing, ripping off consumers, locksmith scams, locksmith ripoff, predatory pricing, unethical locksmiths, Atlanta, Georgia Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Service Start at 89$

This locksmith service in atlanta, tried to increase the price of services on me by $100 without justifiiable reason or my apporval. They should not be allowed to have a google adwords account.

I chose their service because an add stating, "$19 Alpharetta Locksmith" was displayed on a search for "locksmiths in johns creek". The lady on the phone stated that the cost of creating a new key for my simple 1990 Honda started at $89.00. I asked about hidden costs and she said there were no hidden costs, and that if it did cost more, they would tell me before doing the job.

Locksmith came out and had my key done in 5 minutes. The guy told me to wait for the invoice and told me it would be $189.00, not the $89 I was quoted. The guy never told me it would be more. I told the guy, "no way" and gave the key back to him. The guy told me that the price starts at $89.00 and that they don't have to inform me if it would be more before doing the work. [continued below]....
.....

The guy brought the price down to $120.00 and I paid it. Bottom line, these guys knew what they were doing. They had no problems or complications that would increase the base price. The one quoting prices on the phone knows that the $89.00, price is insanely deceptive and does not clarify.

They act as though every job is different and that they never know the real price until they get there, but that is not the case. Upon arrival they get the numbers written on a lock inside the car and punch them into a machine. It takes minutes only and they high ball you on the end price. A real family business? Yeah right. This is no business; it is a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2012 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Locksmith-on-Time/internet/Locksmith-on-Time-Atlanta-Locksmith-deceptive-pricing-ripping-off-consumers-locksmith-sc-841931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Locksmith on Time

Service Start at 89$

AUTHOR: Lisa - (United States of America)

Yes all vehicles are different, and prices do vary from vehicle to vehicle. Prices very on if the key for the door and the ignition are not the same, when it is not the same there is much more labor involved. Price vary depending on the pin code if the car requires a chip key.  Some keys blanks cost $5.00 some cost $200 and cost more than others. That is why we say service start at $89.00. We never said that its $89.00 flat price. The technicians are supposed to give price before doing the work, that is correct. At that time, the customer should have called our office so we can get it resolved and take disciplinary action. But again, we never told the customer that its $89.00 flat, nor should she assume it will be no more than $89.00.