Complaint Review: Locksmiths NJ

• Submitted: Sun, September 23, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, September 23, 2012

• Reported By: Dun Lu — Middletown New Jersey United States of America
Locksmiths NJ

Locksmiths NJ 24/7 Locksmiths NJ bad contractor arbitrarily set skyrocketing price, poor service, no management Internet

At the end of August I moved to a new house, and the locks needed to be re-keyed.  I called "24/7 Locksmiths New Jersey" which I found online, and in one hour a locksmith came, eager to serve.  He was a very polite young Latino from his appearance.  I had 3 locks that needed to be re-keyed. Then he tried to sell 2 electric keypad locks to me.  I agreed and asked about the price, he started babbling, then muttered $950. I was shocked, questioning him about what did the products cost.  He wouldn't tell, then he explained that his service was on-time and he had been very polite to me.  I am female and was at home along that day.  I got scared by this person who already re-keyed my front door and had tore down my two back-door locks.  It seemed that it was too late to send him back and I certainly don't want him to get angry and get revengeful.  So I bargained with him, try to reduce the $950 price.  He started to curse in Spanish, uncontrollably, getting into an unstable mental state.  I got even more scared, settled at $650 for one re-keying job(shall cost $30), and two new electric keypad locks (cost $92 each at Homedepot).

He started to put the keypads in and I wished that he can leave my home asap.   I ended up paying this guy $650 in cash as he insisted.  I asked why the company 24/7 LockSmiths New Jersey didn't have a standard invoice for products and services, they appeared to be a formal and big company on the Internet.  That Latino locksmith told me that that company has no management and no pricing standard. It is just a dispatcher, all they have is just a phone line and a list to dispatch the jobs. There is no accountability about the contractor who got the call and come to knock on your door.

Overall, that was a very scary experience plus being ripped off for small/easy tasks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2012 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Locksmiths-NJ/internet/Locksmiths-NJ-247-Locksmiths-NJ-bad-contractor-arbitrarily-set-skyrocketing-price-poor-s-945356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Locksmiths NJ