Complaint Review: Log Barn Fruit Stand

• Updated: Tue, August 14, 2012

• Reported By:Revelstoke British Columbia
Log Barn Fruit Stand
4782 Hwy 97A Armstrong, British Columbia Canada

Log Barn Fruit Stand VERBAL ABUSE/VIOLENT STAFF - TRAUMATIZED OUR CHILDREN Armstrong British Columbia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Log Barn

The Log Barn Fruit Stand. This establishment POSES as a great place to visit with your children which is what our family did this summer. Our children saw the goat walk when we drove by and really wanted to stop. Much to our deepest regret it turned out to be the most negative and disturbing experience at a tourist spot we have ever had. After looking at the goats, our two daughers stood on the swan boats that were floating on the edge of a very shallow pond. While we were getting ready to take a picture of them we heard a truck come driving over from the far side of the parking lot. It approached so quickly I actually thought it was going to run into us. When it did stop, a tall man got out and in a very confrontational manner asked us whether we are 'able to read the sign?'. There was no visible sign anywhere in the vicinity and when he pointed out the sign about 30 metres away I could slightly make out that the sign said danger. It was nowhere near the area of the pond where children would approach. He then accused us of wanting our children to drown in the pond and insulted us several times. I suggested that he calm down and learn how to talk to customers in a more polite way at which point he got back into his truck. I walked toward my vehicle and looked back to see that he was sitting in his truck fingering me and giving another gesture which would indicate someone stroking a man's genitals. He then drove up behind us in the parking lot and I asked him if he 'wanted to mess with me?'. He proceeded to tell me I could 'suck it' several times. I asked if he was the ownerof the Log Barn Fruit Stand, he said no and I told him I was going to find the owner. He informed me that they would just laugh at me when I went inside.
I spoke with two staff members of the Log Barn Fruit Stand inside the building and they both asked for a description of the person and didn't say much beyond that. They were no help whatsoever. When I walked back out I was very perturbed to find my normally very calm and relaxed husband almost coming to blows with the same abusive employee. It turns out that my husband was waiting for me to come out he had walked up to my husband and said that 'inside they would be just laughing at me'. He then went back to whether we could read and the conversation progressed to the point of him telling him my husband that I could 'suck it' while grabbing his crotch. This of course infuriated my husband and my children were now at the point of being very alarmed and in tears.

I was so concerned at this point of it actually turning into a fight that I almost called the police because the management had no interest in what was happening. The verbal abuse and profanity continued while we got in the car and drove away.

I can't even express how irrational, abusive and violent this person was but I feel very strongly that this is an unsafe place to take children. We weren't 'ripped off' in a monetary sense but from the perspective of it ruining a fun summer experience with our children and them being exposed to human nature of the worst kind we feel very ripped off. The Log Barn Fruit Stand is not the pleasant tourist attraction it seems.

Catherine
Revelstoke, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2008 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Log-Barn-Fruit-Stand/Armstrong-British-Columbia/Log-Barn-Fruit-Stand-VERBAL-ABUSEVIOLENT-STAFF-TRAUMATIZED-OUR-CHILDREN-Armstrong-Briti-368653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Log Barn Fruit Stand

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Log Barn

AUTHOR: Kat - (Canada)

I personally where you imagine this fairy tale ? You must had to much sun or where drinking wine to much there girl. I known these people for over 20 years. They are very kind people, and very faithful to God. They respect people who aren't in the infulence of just beening shit disturbers. They wooked very hard for there company, and along comes people like who don't even respect themselves or others. Shame on you !!!!!!