Complaint Review: LogMeIn

• Submitted: Wed, November 23, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 22, 2015

• Reported By: Leigh — Ridgefield Connecticut United States of America
LogMeIn

LogMeIn LOGMEIN is deducting $129. from my account. UNAUTHORIZED. WHAT DO I DO? OmniTech and CyberDefender deny knowledge Internet

*UPDATE Employee: This complaint against OmniTech is 100% groundless. If a persons account is being charged, the bank knows who is charging it. It is not us.

I have been trying for months to find out who is charging my account $129. every single month. I have used both Omni Tech and Cyber Defender and they both deny any knowledge of taking money out of my account. Today (and other days) I have spent the entire day making calls - going back and forth.

I guess I have to report all 3 companies to my bank. It is frustrating and scarey. Please help if there is anyone out there!
Thanks. CT

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2011 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LogMeIn/internet/LogMeIn-LOGMEIN-is-deducting-129-from-my-account-UNAUTHORIZED-WHAT-DO-I-DO-OmniTech-801276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LogMeIn

AUTHOR: OTS - (USA)

We have checked our records, but we have absolutely no record of a customer named Leigh, either as a first name, or as a last name. As per the complaint, this person says his or her account is being charged (unauthorized) for the amount of $129 every single month. We simply dont have anyone-time charge services that cost $129 and almost all of our services and subscription maintenance plans are a , with zero recurring charges.

Our customers only pay through PayPal or USAePay, prominent, well-respected third-party payment processors. We never see any credit card or bank information of a customer. PayPal or USAePay merely tells us the amount that has been paid and by whom and we begin our services on our customers behalf.

So, this complaint against OmniTech is 100% groundless. If a persons account is being charged, the bank knows who is charging it. It is not us. This person simply needs to have his bank or credit card company block any attempted unauthorized charges. Thats basic procedure, for Heavens sake!
Blocking his account to these charges should have been done when this person first noticed any unauthorized charges. We wish Leigh well in his/her efforts to get his issue resolved.

Furthermore, LogMeIn is a remote access tool; they do not charge individuals; they charge the companies that use their tool.

We always strive to make our customers happy and that is why we enjoy and maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.