Complaint Review: Logic Works

• Reported By: Stupid and Gullible — Starkville Mississippi
Logic Works
Internet, New York USA

Logic Works "Credit Counseling" to lower interest rates New York New York

I received a phone call on my private cell phone from James Morgan with Logic Works.  He said he wanted to work with me to get my interest rates on my credit cards to 0%.  Keep in mind that previous to this phone call I had not even been late, much less missed several payments.  I had almost PERFECT credit.

He said this was possible because of a Federal Program established by the Obama Administration.  He assured me it was not a ripoff and that I should not be worried about my credit being tarnished.  He said they would charge me $280.00 for 3 months and wasn't it worth it if I could get my interest rate to 0%.

He said I would have to NOT pay my credit card bill and let it go past due in order for this to work.  He did not tell me we would be lying to get this accomplished.  Spencer Morgan was assigned to my case and he called every time he said he would which made it seem very legitimate.

He would call the credit card companies on conference call with me, tell them that he is my "financial advisor" and request that they lower my interest rate.  He would tell them that I had had my hours cut at my job and that I wasn't able to make the minimum payment anymore.  That I had used up my savings and didn't see things turning around for 4-5 years.  None of which was true.

They would say there is no program available at this time and he would say "Ok thank you, we'll call back" and he would make an appointment to call me the next week.  This went on for 3-4 weeks.  I always said I'm terrified of ruining my credit, but he would always assure me that "this happens sometimes.  We'll try again next week.  They should be able to do something."

Finally, I had enough!  I was very nervous about my past due balances.  I called Spencer back at the phone number he had called me on and it said, "Press 1 to be placed on the No-Call List".  I called the main # James Morgan had given me and gave them my confirmation number and asked to CANCEL the service.  The lady told me they CANNOT cancel the service.

She said Spencer WILL call me next week at the appointed time and try again.  I said I would stop payment on the $280.00.  She said they will send it to collections and it will ruin my credit anyway.  That's where we are now.

I have called the credit card companies and paid my bills.  They are now current.  I really don't know what to do at this point.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Logic-Works/Internet-New-York/Logic-Works-Credit-Counseling-to-lower-interest-rates-New-York-New-York-1059097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Logic Works