Complaint Review: Logitech

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Ellary — Buffalo Grove Illinois U.S.A.
Logitech
7600 Gateway Blvd. Newark, California United States of America

Logitech Mice break down Newark, California

*Author of original report: Mice should last more than 3 years

*Consumer Comment: Everything breaks eventually.

*General Comment: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE

I purchased a Logitech MX Revolution mouse in 2007.  In 2010 the left mouse button began to double click on every single click.  Logitech graciously replaced it with a Performance MX mouse as it was still under the warranty period.

Now the Performance MX mouse began to do the same thing.  Logitech refused to replace it, stating that the warranty replacement product only has a 30 day warranty.

I searched the forums on their web site and found quite a few posts from people having the same problem with various Logitech mouse models.  So I wrote a letter to the executive in charge of customer support.  I pointed out that he obviously had a design flaw with his mouse products and urged him to correct it.  I also asked that he replace my mouse.  I later got a phone call and follow up email from customer support apologizing for not being able to replace my mouse.

While I like Logitech's Unifying receiver, which lets multiple wireless devices use one receiver and, hence, one USB port, I won't be using Logitech  mice in the near future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Logitech/Newark-California-94560/Logitech-Mice-break-down-Newark-California-997861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Logitech

Mice should last more than 3 years

AUTHOR: anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I keep computers at work for up to 4 years.  The mice get much more use in 9 hours at work than they do at home. I've never had a mouse at work fail.  Of course none were Logitech.

Everything breaks eventually.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

According to your report, you haven't bought a mouse since 2007 (at least 5 years ago).    Are you seriously expecting this company to hand over a new mouse more than 5 years after your original purchase?   Just exactly how long do you think you should get free mice based on your 2007 purchase?

You're a nut.

#3 General Comment

A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

Over the last 7 years on my work PC I have gone through 11 mice. About half were Logitech. All were what the IT dept handed me. All failed by starting to double click.

Twice I specifically asked for "GOOD" mice. I got higher cost mice. They broke the same as the cheap ones, and Logitech was not the expensive ones.

So while its highly irritating and you did get Ripped, don't expect it to be any better with any other brand

Good Luck