Complaint Review: Logjam Electronics

• Updated: Thu, December 01, 2011

• Reported By: Jake — Minneapolis Minnesota USA
Logjam Electronics
5001 Eastwood Way Anderson, Indiana United States of America

Logjam Electronics Gave me the wrong return address; almost lost my return worth $120. Anderson, Indiana

I recently had to return a product to Logjam because, due to an error on my part, I ordered the wrong kind. I shipped it back to them via FedEx, using the address they'd provided me: 718 Jackson St., Anderson IN 46016.

Using the tracking number I'd obtained when I shipped the item, I confirmed that, after three attempts, FedEx was unable to deliver the item to them, claiming the "customer [was] not available or business closed."

When I emailed them to inquire about this, they stated that they had moved their operations to a new address. If I hadn't obtained tracking information for my return, it would still be sitting in the FedEx facility, unclaimed, and I would be minus the correct item and the $100 I'd spent on it plus $20 shipping.

Because I was able to track the item and communicate with Logjam, they were able to eventually have the package rerouted to the correct address and send me the correct item. But after such a long delay and inconvenience, I assumed that at the very least they'd waive the "25% restocking fee" that accompanies returns of opened items. But a few days later, there it was: a charge for $31.18 on my credit card.

I am wondering how it costs Logjam company $31.18 to replace the sticker on the box that confirms the item is unopened, or how $31.18 is 25% of $99.97. But, most importantly, I am wondering how Logjam could, in good conscience, charge me the restocking fee at all, considering that their failure to provide me with their correct shipping address added several weeks' delay to the return process and almost caused the item to be lost in shipment.

Needless to say, I will not be using their services again. There are plenty of inconvenient hassles in my life already, and they cost way less than $150.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2011 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Logjam-Electronics/Anderson-Indiana-46017/Logjam-Electronics-Gave-me-the-wrong-return-address-almost-lost-my-return-worth-120-An-803714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Logjam Electronics