Complaint Review: Lois Hancock, Four Paws Kennel

• Submitted: Sun, April 08, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, November 07, 2007

• Reported By:Warsaw Indiana
Lois Hancock, Four Paws Kennel
2852 N Hancock Lane Martinsville, Indiana U.S.A.

Lois Hancock, 4 Paws KennelLois Hancock, Lois Hancock, Four Paws Kennel Dishonest, dirty enviroment, unhealthy Dog Breeder Martinsville Indiana

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Melissa was not the buyer of the pup. Penny said she was happy with the pup.

My friend and I went today to pick up her new female Yorkie and I was just devastated when we got there!
She had all her Yorkie puppies on a front porch, it stunk so bad and was nasty dirty, she would not allow us to see the parents cause she said she had to leave, I asked if her husband could show us the pups and she said he didnt know what parents the pup belonged to, these pups have never been vet checked, she gave her own shots, one pup in the corner had a missing eye, another had a tumor growing on it's head.

This pup only weighs 15 oz and it's the same size as the TY beanie baby Yorkie you get from Hallmark, I started asking her questions and she got a lil snippy with me and ran in the house saying she had to go and left us standing in her porch.

I was just so sick to my stomach, I have never seen such a disgusting enviroment in my life! My friend had paid for the puppy un seen, The lady had promised her she could see the parents, but of course she wouldnt let us. She says it's AKC and it did have the papers.

We took the pup imediently to the vet and she said the pup sounded healthy, my friend has to take a pooh sample in to make sure it dont have any viruses, her heart sounded good, ears, mouth, she said to make sure she keeps eating and poo'ing, we bought some puppy nutrical.
The puppy stunk so bad and was so dirty, I was just disgusted you guys, this lady has to be turned in, but when I talked to the vet she said it's hard to get them shut down cause most puppy mills fly right under the rador, you have to prove so much to get them shut down, but something just has to be done, this is not right, how can people allow someone to come to there home and see this filth?

I'm just sick to my stomach right now, she did give her a year garentee, but who knows.
$1000 for this is just so darn wrong!

Warsaw, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2007 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lois-Hancock-Four-Paws-Kennel/Martinsville-Indiana-46151/Lois-Hancock-4-Paws-KennelLois-Hancock-Lois-Hancock-Four-Paws-Kennel-Dishonest-dirty-e-242935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lois Hancock, Four Paws Kennel

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Melissa was not the buyer of the pup. Penny said she was happy with the pup.

AUTHOR: Lois Hancock - (U.S.A.)

the problem is this is just half truths
Her friend is the one who bought the puppy a teacup Yorkshire Terrier 12 weeks old (when you are only 2 - 3 lbs as an adult 1 lb at 12 weeks is right on) The porch is where I show my pups and it is not nasty dirty. They did not come at the appointment time and I have another job that I was late for. She was told to come back at the time agreed upon.

The buyer of the puppy knew I had another job and what my schedule was but Melissa, who drove her down, wanted to get back home. She did not care I had another job I was already late for. The pup was healthy. I always tell people to take stool samples to vet because wormer only kills 3 worms no bowel parasites. If you have had a teacup pup you know they need nutrical for low blood sugar.

As to the pup with missing eye, it was not missing it just didn't develop in the womb but I do not kill imperfet pups just because of an eye. I am sure the person who got her is glad I didn't. She turned out to be a very happy pup loved to give kisses, outgoing didn't realize she was suppose to see out of 2 eyes so I don't know why she wanted me to kill that pup????
There was no pup with a tumor.

For some reason she just wanted me shut down. She called the humane society and they came and inspected and you know if there was anything wrong they take your dogs and shut you down! AKC surprise inspects and I have 100%.