Complaint Review: Loman Ford Kia

Rt 1&9 Woodbridge, NJ Woodbridge, New Jersey United States of America

Loman Ford Kia Loman Ford Stole my money AND my car!! Woodbridge , New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Please.

*Consumer Comment: The Epitome of Stupidity

*General Comment: How could you do that?

I stopped at Loman Ford Kia in Woodbridge NJ. A salesman came to help me. I test drove a car I really loved. I asked how much? I got no answer. They asked, do you love this car? I replied "yes" they asked would you like to take this car home today? I replied "yes" they said one second, we will see what we can do for you. They came back to me with a financial form and said to fill it out and let us know when you are through. I completed the form. They took the form back from me and said they will return in a moment. They returned and said congratulations. You were approved for this car (2007 Dodge Caliber). I got excited and asked well how much? Still no answer. I asked again. How much is this car? How much was my loan approved for? The answer I recieved was it's a little complicated to explain. I said how? They said because it is not a loan amount, it is a certain bracket I was in. I was very confused. They came back with paperwork for the car and said Do you want this car or not? I said deffinately! Then I followed the salesman into his office and signed the papers. He handed me the keys to the car and congratulated me once again. I drove the car home and realized there were a few things wrong with it. I called the dealer and made an appointment with the service department. I handed the service department a list of noises, for example struts and ball joints and the transmission would not shift itself until it hit about 5-6000 RPMs. I went home and called later on that day to see how the car was doing. Service said it will have to stay over night. The next day I took a trip back to the dealer in the hopes the car would be ready to go. My salesman saw me and said hi as he shook my hand. I asked if he knew how my car was doing and he said it was in bad shape. It needs lots of work so we are not giving it back to you. I was dumb founded. I said I did not understand. They said well it's simple, for us to fix the car and return it to you would cost us too much money then we do not profit. He then said to me we have other vehicles for you to look at. I said I do not want another vehicle I want mine back. He said no to me again. He saw I was totally upset and confused so he offered me my car back with the conditions the I put another $3,800.00 down on the car. I could not believe what I was hearing! When I told him This is crazy, he said well then I have to put it back on the lot for sale for the higher price. My son was with me and he said I can sell my Camaro Mom. The dealer said to him ok go home and do that and when do come right back to me with the additinal $3,800.00 and we will finish the deal. (MIND YOU MY SON IS A MINOR AND CAN NOT MAKE A BUSINESS DEAL)! I left the lot and called my lawyer and he told me this is consumer theft, consumer fraud and we will build a case! I contacted the Attourney General's office, bourough of consumer fraud! 2 Weeks later I still have no car, no deposit refund or cancellation of my new auto loan!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2011 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loman-Ford-Kia/Woodbridge-New-Jersey-/Loman-Ford-Kia-Loman-Ford-Stole-my-money-AND-my-car-Woodbridge-New-Jersey-737750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loman Ford Kia

Please.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Do not ever go near a car dealer's lot unless you are in the company of a responsible adult.  There are so many red flags in your narrative that I don't have time to point them all out.  Suffice it to say that your method of car shopping is equivalent to walking down a dark alley on the bad side of town, with $100 bills hanging out of all of your pockets.   You would get hosed at any car lot.

The Epitome of Stupidity

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

They had you fill out the paperwork so they could charge you the maximum your credit would allow.

Do your son a favor; don't teach him how to negotiate a car deal.

#3 General Comment

How could you do that?

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

How do you have enough savvy to do a report on this site after the fact, but were gullible enough to drive off a lot with a car without even knowing how much you were paying or borrowing for it? This report just leaves me dumbfounded, unless you've left some important details out. Also, knowing about this site, how is it you missed all the other reports on this dealer? Make sure you complain to Ford that you consider this dealer's actions a reflection on them too, as the dealer represents them. Kia too. The car makers ought to be held to some degree of responsibility for the actions of their dealers.