Complaint Review: Lone Star Chevrolet

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 06, 2009

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Lone Star Chevrolet
18900 Northwest Fwy. Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Lone Star Chevrolet Bait & Switch? Houston Texas

We visited LoneStar Chevrolet on Thursday, July 30. We signed paperwork to buy a 2010 Equinox and paid a $600 deposit. We were told that our vehicle would be ready to go on Friday or Saturday. We were given no copies of the paperwork we signed.

On Friday morning, Andre the salesman called to tell us that the car was further away than the 250 miles he told us it would be to bring the car to Houston. We approved the 325 mile trip he said it would be.

We didn't hear anything from LoneStar until my wife called Andre on Monday morning. Andre said that the car had been sold. He said that they had another model that would cost about $1000 more. When my wife asked if they would reduce the price any, he said they couldn't because the extra equipment cost more.

That afternoon I went to LoneStar. Mark, the sales manager, was curt and rude. He called me a liar when he asked how many times Andre had been in contact with us, and I told him once. This was true since Andre had only called us on Friday morning; my wife called him on Monday. When I suggested that they may be pulling a bait and switch on us, he became very defensive. I asked to speak to the store manager who offered to sell the higher priced car for only $500 more, and I said I would go home and speak to my wife.

On the drive home, the store manager called to say that after he spoke to the sales manager he determined to take the deal off the table, especially since I had intimated that they had tried to use a bait and switch sales tactic. I later went back to the dealership to pick up the $600 deposit.

David
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lone-Star-Chevrolet/Houston-Texas-77065/Lone-Star-Chevrolet-Bait-Switch-Houston-Texas-477254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lone Star Chevrolet