Complaint Review: Long Beach Acceptance Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, November 11, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 12, 2004

• Reported By:Incline Village Nevada
Long Beach Acceptance Corporation
PO Box 60570 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Long Beach Acceptance Corporation Ripoff Refusing to release lein even though account is paid off Los Angeles California

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact The Attorney General

I recently paid off my auto loan with this company. The funds have cleared and LBAC admits this but refuses to release my title of even give me a lein release letter. I am trying to purchase another car and cannot get financing until LBAC gives me a letter or my title. LBAC knows why I need it but refuses to release it or explain why they won't. They say it will be released when it has been processed which could be a month.

As a side note I have received harrasing phone calls from this company even though I have never had a late payment. It was so bad that my mother had to change her number because they were calling her almost daily. When I would talk to them they would say my payment had not been received. I had to get proof from my bank on at least 10 different occasions over the last 4 years. Do not ever do business with the company.

Chantell
Incline Village, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2004 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Long-Beach-Acceptance-Corporation/Los-Angeles-California-90060/Long-Beach-Acceptance-Corporation-Ripoff-Refusing-to-release-lein-even-though-account-is-p-117371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Long Beach Acceptance Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact The Attorney General

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

I would try contacting the Attorney General's office in your state and the state where the finance company's coporate office is located. Send them copies of any mail, e-mail or print out telephone conversations you have had with this company, including a copy of the check for your final payment. Advise them the company is refusing to issue a lien release to you and ask them if they can find out why.