Complaint Review: Long Beach Acceptance Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, April 27, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, April 27, 2004

• Reported By:BRonx New York
Long Beach Acceptance Corporation
One Mack Centre Drive, Building II, Paramus, New Jersey U.S.A.

Long Beach Acceptance ripoff Harrassment, Verbal Abuse, Illegal Collection Practices Paramus New Jersey

I recently had spinal surgery and fell behind on my car payment. I sent a partial payment followed two weeks later with a full payment and a schedule of my next two payments which would bring me current through May.

I receive two to three calls a day harrassing me for payment. I asked if I could fax a copy of my money order but am told that that's not good enough they want more money by tomorrow.

Anthony a collector at Long Beach Acceptance has threatened to send some one to my home and my job to inspect the Car. HE even implied that he would send some over to "SPeak with me". He stopped saying anything further when I informed him I was taping his conversation. He continues to harrass my wife, my son and as of today he started calling my neighbors and telling them my business.

My payment plan is not what they want. They want money today no matter where I get it. Next week is not good enough for them. I am an accountant with a good reputation in the business and Long Beach Acceptance is ready to tear it apart. I have offered to return the car but they say they are not a used car lot. So, if a payment followed by an additional payment schedule is not good enough, What is! I am only 30 days behind as of now on my payments.

Where do I go to file harrassment charges or even sue these people. Can we all get together and file a class action suit for harrassment!. Let me know.

Angel
BRonx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2004 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Long-Beach-Acceptance-Corporation/Paramus-New-Jersey-07632/Long-Beach-Acceptance-ripoff-Harrassment-Verbal-Abuse-Illegal-Collection-Practices-Param-89230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Long Beach Acceptance Corporation