• Report: #19619

• Submitted: Fri, April 26, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, May 09, 2002

• Reported By:Brockport NY
Long Beach Acceptance
www.lbac.com Paramus, New Jersey U.S.A.

Long Beach Acceptance ripoff abused & mistreated Paramus New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: You DO have rights and options, maybe legal recourse

I am so glad I am not alone. I would love to put this company out of business. I am so sick of getting harassed by them for haveing a payment that is 2 or 3 days late.

Just recently I called after recieving one of my many phone calls. The CSR said they only check their lock box once every 12 days. So my payment could be sitting there and it is their fault they don't have it.

I also was on maternity leave and was not getting any disability or anything. I think we got 1 payment behind, which I thought was pretty good seeing we only had 1 income coming in and it was only 17k per year.

Well, I talked to one of the reps and gave her my schedule of getting caught up. I gave her dates and everything.

I believe I did 2 check by phones to get caught up. Well, a day or 2 later the same girl calls me back and leaves a message that she forgot to enter the information into her computer and she needed me to call her back.

Working full-time now and taking care of an infant kind of cuts into your time. I didn't call her back 3 days after the 1st phone call. She called everyone on my contact list telling them I owed long beach money and I need to call her right away.

She called my 84 year old Grandmother. She was all upset when she called me, because I wasn't paying my bills. I had to explain the situation to her. That is one of the many harrassment stories.

I still have 2 1/2 years left. I am so close to just giving the car back. I can't handle this crap anymore.

They have called and left very nasty messages on my machine. Screaming at me saying "I know your there pick up the phone!!!" and also, "you can't hide from us, we will find you."

And this was for a payment that was like 10 days late. I had already sent it out and they just hadn't recieved it. I hate this company and they should be stopped!!!!

Heather
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2002 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Long-Beach-Acceptance/Paramus-New-Jersey/Long-Beach-Acceptance-ripoff-abused-mistreated-Paramus-New-Jersey-19619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Long Beach Acceptance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You DO have rights and options, maybe legal recourse

AUTHOR: Dee - ()

Its important that you speak up and protect yourself. Long Beach Acceptance has already been prosecuted by law enforcement agencies in several jurisdictions (both State and Federal) for predatory lending, violations of consumer protection laws, etc. Start at www.first.gov.com and make a formal complaint with the FTC. Then, find your state's banking and consumer affairs sites and complain to those and the attorney general in your state.