Complaint Review: Long Distance America

• Updated: Sat, May 19, 2012

• Reported By: Brian — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Long Distance America
5733 North Andrews Way Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Long Distance America USBI Billed me for charges I didn't incur Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I'm going to keep this simple.  Long Distance America called my wife and said they were with Centry Link/Qwest.  They wanted to reduce our bill.  She thought it sounded fine and she thought (as they said) they were with Centry Link/Qwest.  Well, she got taken.  We cancelled after a week (when we realized what happened).  However, we got stuck with a bill.  I ate that figured it was my mistake, however, they have continued to bill after I cancelled with them.  They are a scam and (in my opinion) fradulant.  They take advantage of the trusting and the ignorant.  Please don't go with this company.  I'm beginning to fight this and have filed a report with the FCC.  I encourage everyone else to do the same.  Go to the FCC website and file a report.  Very easy to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2012 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Long-Distance-America/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/Long-Distance-America-USBI-Billed-me-for-charges-I-didnt-incur-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-885250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Long Distance America