Assembly

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: hp — Annandale Virginia United States of America
Long Fence and Home
10236 Southard Drive Beltsville, Maryland United States of America

Long Fence and Home No Better Than Cheap Builder-Grade Windows Beltsville, Maryland

Lessons learned are:
_ Long windows cost almost twice as much as other vendors in term of window size and prove no better than my builder-graded ones in term of noise reduction.
_ Their 100% satisfaction policy is just gimmick.
_ Keep your contract amount with them low in hope that you can pursue them in  a small claim court.  Read their contract carefully because it is written to trick you into having to go through the arbitration of American Arbitration Association.  It's prohibitively costly, lengthy, and contractor-favorable.

If you think their windows are better than other vendors' windows and their 100% satisfaction guarantee is any worthy.  Think again!

I needed better soundproof windows and just because of the noise from the traffic of a nearby road.  After observing my noise situation in two visits, the sale rep Mike M. claimed that long windows would significantly reduce the noise.  He also insisted on their 100% satisfaction policy to back up his claim.  After the job done, there's absolutely no noise reduction compared to the adjacent bedroom.  The adjacent bedroom has builder-graded windows, with similar window areas and relative position to the noise source.  My wife and I spent 3 mornings and 3 nights trying in vain to notice any improvement.  I called him back and his boss, John F. the region manager, to observe themselves.  Neither could say they notice any less noise.  I am a reasonable person.  I do not look for noise level to my satisfaction.  I just want to notice some noise reduction to justify the replacement.  The noise reduction is none and far cry from the claimed significant level that a reasonable person should easily notice.  Not for long they ignored me completely. After several weeks I tried to contact them, they responded a letter denying any liability claiming the noise is from the wall even they know my house has brick sidings.  They think I am just a little guy easy to hush up. I am going for fairness and pursuing a lawsuit against them now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Long-Fence-and-Home/Beltsville-Maryland-/Long-Fence-and-Home-No-Better-Than-Cheap-Builder-Grade-Windows-Beltsville-Maryland-995262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Long Fence and Home