Complaint Review: Long & Foster Real Estate, David Sandoval, Susann Haskins

• Updated: Thu, August 06, 2009

• Reported By:Frederick Maryland
Long & Foster Real Estate, David Sandoval, Susann Haskins
Gaithersburg, Maryland U.S.A.

Long & Foster Real Estate, David Sandoval, Susann Haskins Unreturned Deposits Gaithersburg Maryland

In the beginning of April, 2009, I decided to move in with my daughter and her husband to care for their new baby (just born three days ago). We needed a bigger apartment and found a few listings we liked in Frederick, MD. We arranged with David Sandoval, real estate agent, to show us the properties. We found a great townhome. We were required to complete three applications (one each), submit three checks for $40.00 each as application fees, and one submit one check for $1500.00 for the security deposit.

Over the next few days, after several conversations with David, we determined that another family would be more acceptable to the landlords, and David suggested it was highly unlikely we would be accepted as tenants. We voluntarily withdrew our applications.

We then found, on our own, a townhome that was even better. I called David and informed him we would no longer need his services. I asked to have the four checks and three applications returned. He said no problem.

In the course of moving and other business I totally forgot about the whole thing until July 14th, when my daughter informed me that the three checks for $40.00 had been cashed. I immediately called David and he said he would look into it. I also called his supervisor, Susann Haskins, and explained the problem. I asked to have those funds reimbursed to my daughter, and the remaining check for $1500 returned immediately.

Ms. Haskins was, in her defense, very pleasant and seemed more than willing to resolve the issue. Over the next few weeks I was told that she was looking into it. Two weeks ago we received the check for $1500, but not the reimbursement of $120.00. Last week I called the regional manager and left a detailed message about the problem. Later that day I received a call from Ms. Haskins and was told to expect the check by the middle of this week. Well, it's Thursday and it's not here.

I've heard nothing more from David Sandoval.

Tomorrow I'm going to small claims court.

unhappycustomer
Frederick, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Long-Foster-Real-Estate-David-Sandoval-Susann-Haskins/Gaithersburg-Maryland/Long-Foster-Real-Estate-David-Sandoval-Susann-Haskins-Unreturned-Deposits-Gaithersburg-477170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Long & Foster Real Estate, David Sandoval, Susann Haskins