Complaint Review: Longhorn Wrecker Service

• Updated: Sun, April 04, 2010

• Reported By: Richard — Carrollton Texas United States of America
Longhorn Wrecker Service
1825 California Crossing Dallas, Texas United States of America

Longhorn Wrecker Service Longhorn Towing Service Towed my vehicle from a parking lot that was not marked with any signs stating parking was illegal. Dallas, Texas

It was 4AM in the morning and I had went to help a friend who was stranded.  I picked him up and dropped him off at his apartments.  The gates were already open and there were no visible signs as I passed through the gate regarding permit parking for residence only.  I parked my car for about 15 minutes in the center area where it appeared to be visitor parking.  There were no markings on the parking space, nor any type of sign posted in that area.

When my car was towed I had to walk around the complex to find a no towing sign that gave their phone number.  In addition, they towed a Mercedes Benz that is rear wheel drive without using the proper tow bed.  After picking up my vehicle around 5:30A, as I was leaving there was a large hole in the street the towing service is located on.  Unable to maneuver, I hit the pot hole and it busted my right front tire.  I was late to work due to this incident and so was my wife.  So besides being out of 165.00, I am also out of another 150.00 for a new tire.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2010 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Longhorn-Wrecker-Service/Dallas-Texas-75220/Longhorn-Wrecker-Service-Longhorn-Towing-Service-Towed-my-vehicle-from-a-parking-lot-that-589422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Longhorn Wrecker Service