Complaint Review: Longview RV Super Stores - Tampa

• Submitted: Mon, July 30, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 13, 2010

• Reported By:Dover Florida
Longview RV Super Stores - Tampa
4811 McIntosh Road Dover, Florida U.S.A.

Longview RV Super Stores - Tampa Service Department is unqualified insensitive and too defensive to give acceptable service Ripoff Dover Florida

*Consumer Comment: RV Industry

*UPDATE Employee: GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME

We purchased our Gulfstream Tour Master in October 2006. the Day/Night shade behind the driver was damaged, the doors/racks were missing from the side-by-side fridge, and several cosmetic items were promised to be fixed right away. We closed one week later, but we refused delivery because they scheduled only 90 minutes (prior to their closing for the day). The 'service department' could not show us how to operate the bus, including doing basic things like setting air-pressure or preparing it for motion. We ended up taking delivery 3 days later, scheduling our first service for a week later. They said that Gulfstream backordered the shade and other parts.

After checking frequently, a new person working at the shop said the parts were never ordered and he claimed to place the order over again. In the meantime, we took several trips December in the RV. The fresh water tank broke loose from the flooring bracket, the shower leaked, the showerhead malfunctioned, the ice-maker spewed water all over the freezer. All of which were added to the warranty list. Longview fixed the water tank right away, along with other nit-picky things on the delivery-punch list. The side-vew mirrors would not stay adjusted in weather cooler than 30 degrees.

After writing letters to the owner and Gulfstream, weak attempts were made to rectify a few of the problems. The deal was to wait until all of the parts were received, then Longview would pick up our bus, fix it and return it within 2 weeks. We took another trip to KY. The water tank broke again, this time flooding the basement. I temporarily put the tank back in place using 4x4s. They picked it around June 4th. Gulfstream recommended replacing the sideview mirrors, but failed to ship the wiring harness. After 6 weeks, I went to retrieve my jack from the basement. Longview Service said the water tank had been fixed, yet when I opened that section of the basement I could clearly see the 4x4s I put in place were still holding up the tank. The lies, incompetence, and lack of support from the management is appalling.

I recommend anyone in the Florida area visiting LazyDays RV before buying. My brother bought from there. The delivery and service they received makes us really regret buying from Longview. And, really, Gulfstream isn't much better.

Chester
Dover, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2007 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Longview-RV-Super-Stores-Tampa/Dover-Florida-33594/Longview-RV-Super-Stores-Tampa-Service-Department-is-unqualified-insensitive-and-too-def-264101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Longview RV Super Stores - Tampa

RV Industry

AUTHOR: RV - (United States of America)

I have been in the RV industry for a very long time. Alot of people do not understand that an RV any make or model is not like  Ford or GM. You can not just go down to one of your local three dealership or the one in the next town and pick up the parts you need.RV dealers such as Longveiw,Lazydays,Dustys etc etc are at the mercy of the manufacturer when it comes to getting parts and chances are Gulfstream does not have any of those parts in stock. They order them as they need them from places that make things like the blind the tank the microwave the fridge.Gulfstream does not make any of these things.Also if you have ever bought a new car or a new home you know you have problems with both these new items now put them together.every RV will have problems . With that many moving parts. Now as far as the service that I do agree could have been better thats what happens when you deal with large dealerships I know I have worked with small dealers as well as the big boys,Thats why I started my own small repair company.

GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

At the time of this posting Long View RV Superstores was just getting started in the area and we did not intend to cause any ill feelings toward our customers, and if given the chance to redeem ourselves I'm certain we would. our new service department is state of the art and filled with master certified techs. We are second to none when it comes service and customer satisfaction