Complaint Review: Longview RV

• Updated: Mon, May 21, 2012

• Reported By: Doug — Big Pine Key Florida United States of America
Longview RV
4811 McIntosh Road Dover, Florida United States of America

Longview RV are thieving unscrupulous people who will steal your money without regret...BEWARE! Dover, Florida

Longview RV in Dover Florida are thieves, plain and simple. Here's their website so I am absolutely certain you know who I'm warning you about Longview RV Dover FL

They are a high pressure sales group selling substandard RV's for top dollar.  You will be pressured into giving them a deposit during the negotiation to show your good faith. If you decide not to proceed with a purchase you will fight for your deposit back.

In my case they put a $2000.00 deposit on my credit card without my signature on the slip. This was on a Sunday so the finance guy wasn't in till Monday. This turned out to be a blessing for us because we didn't go through the signing of all the purchase documents.

On Monday morning we made the decision to not go through with the purchase, this of course should not have been a big deal and with a scrupulous dealer it would'nt have been, but not with these people. [continued below]....
..... I called them and let them know we would not be proceeding with the purchase...one by one the phone calls came. The sales rep, then the sales manager, then the general manager, then the owner all of which layed on the pressure to try and force us to change our minds.

In the end Frank, the owner demanded retribution for their time spent with me. I had left a bran new flat screen TV with them to install in the master bedroom of the RV which they had done. I agreed to let them keep the TV. The promise of a $2000.00 credit was given to me by the owner but to this day, two weeks later it has never been given. Of course I've disputed the charge through my credit card company and in the end will win.....other than that $200 TV the dealer kept.

Do yourself a huge favor....RUN as fast and far away as you can from these people. I've NEVER seen a more unscrupulous group of people, I'm so glad I changed my mind about doing business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2012 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Longview-RV/Dover-Florida-33527/Longview-RV-are-thieving-unscrupulous-people-who-will-steal-your-money-without-regretB-885834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Longview RV