Complaint Review: Longwood Inc. 501c3 Aka 'Brad'

• Submitted: Fri, March 19, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 19, 2010

• Reported By: Mike — Colfax California United States of America
Longwood Inc. 501c3 Aka 'Brad'
1617 Longwood Ave Bedford, Virginia United States of America

Longwood Inc. 501c3 Aka 'Brad' Brad Deceptive Marketing Bedford, Virginia

I too received a call from "Brad". In spite of reading all these reports, I returned the call to try to get my number removed to prevent future calls.

Once the call was answered, I asked to speak to Brad. The person I talked to was "Deb", aka Debbie or Deborah. She told me Brad was on the phone and asked me for my telephone number so she could review his notes in the database. She found my information then asked what price I was looking for. I said that it was in the Craigslist ad she referred to. She told me it wasn't in her database. When I asked why not she told me that Brad was not a very good note taker, although she's seen worse. I told her that I was not in a rush and just to have Brad return my call. She said that Brad does all the outgoing calls and she handles all the incoming calls.

In the background, I could hear a lot of voices talking as in the typical "boiler room" situation.

I told her I had done some research on the company and could find no positive comment anywhere. I told her I found the company on the Better Business Bureau website, http://www.bbb.org/western-virginia/business-reviews/auto-listing-service/longwood-industries-inc-in-bedford-va-9004961/, and it was not an accredited business but was rated a "C" with 260 complaints. She said that they had been in business 10 years and had millions of satisfied customers and that 260 complaints was not bad and they have all been resolved (true). I asked her to provide 5 references with contact information. She told me she couldn't due to customer privacy concerns. Again, I asked her to have Brad call me back with the same answer as previously given.

I finally got to the point of my call and told her it should be obvious to her by now that I am not going to do business with them. I asked her to remove me from their list and not to call anymore. She said that she would do that.

I'll follow up with another report if I get another call. I'm also going to file a complaint with the State Corporation Commission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2010 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Longwood-Inc-501c3-Aka-Brad/Bedford-Virginia-24523/Longwood-Inc-501c3-Aka-Brad-Brad-Deceptive-Marketing-Bedford-Virginia-582984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Longwood Inc. 501c3 Aka 'Brad'