Complaint Review: Lonnie Barclay

Lonnie Barclay
1901 Terrell Mill Road Marietta, Georgia United States of America

Lonnie Barclay Main Event Fitness -THIEF- Marietta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: We got to do something fast

I cancelled my membership with Main Event about 5 months ago or so. I sent my cancellation letter with a return receipt of delivery - exactly the way the contract stated it-. I just received a collections letter yesterday in the mail! I called the collections agency and a gentleman by the name of Jim answered the phone. He told me he has been receiving numeruos phone calls from people having the same problem with Main Event. Jim -the gentleman I spoke with- told me that the collection Agency that Main Event is using to collect money is in NJ and most likely is a scam as well. Well, It turns out that Jim started an investigation because Lonnie used a Collection Agency by the name of First Credit Services, Inc. Jim works for First Credit Services and he told me this Agency is using their name!!!! I did my investigation and this company has a Scam PO BOX # that does not exist! When I told the Scam Agency that I sent my cancellation letter and that I followed up and called the Gym to speak to the owner Lonnie and he was unable to pick up the phone because he was in jail, the lady at the Agency said: "that is not my problem, and hung up the phone on me"!

I know that there are at least 15 people out there with the same problem! I am not going to let this go any further! If anyone is interested in doing something please post your report as soon as possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2009 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lonnie-Barclay/Marietta-Georgia-30067/Lonnie-Barclay-Main-Event-Fitness-THIEF-Marietta-Georgia-516795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lonnie Barclay

We got to do something fast

AUTHOR: Black_shepherd - (U.S.A.)

We need to get all members from Lonnie Baclay and sue this bastard he sent over 5 thousand people to collection my uncle was one of them and he paid in full when he left 5 years ago this is BS  I was a member there for about 9 years left 3 months ago and I'm afraid I will be in collection as well............ WE GOT TO GET ALL MAIN EVENT FITNESS  VICTIM AND SEND THIS BASTARD TO JAIL FOR GOOD PLEASE PEOPLE LETS DO SOMETHING WE GOT ACT NOW and put a stop on this. and I'm willing to do what ever it takes to bring this bastard down. once again all old or even new members abused by Lonnie please respond this post