Complaint Review: Look Optical

• Reported By: Victor — Aurora Colorado
Look Optical
Parker Road Aurora, Colorado United States of America

Look Optical optical, optician, vision, denver, colorado Aurora, Colorado

I would never go back to Look Optical or any of its subsidiaries or chain stores after my lousy, impersonal experience with Look Optical in Aurora, Colorado.

Here's what happened:

I ordered a pair of glasses and they got the tint wrong, and never offered to do anything to fix the tint after I complained. One man in the back told me the tint would be one shade in the glasses, while the woman I saw told me the shade would be something different but that she could not possibly know for sure what it could look like until it was ordered - and of course they had no samples of any kind to show gradations in tint shading for glasses because they're a ghetto optician.

Then I ordered contacts (yes, I know I should have stopped with loss number one) because they had a cheapy deal in the mailer coupons everyone else gets but has the good sense to trash immediately. After the eye exam, I still have better vision in one eye than another and was given enough contacts to last just one month. Talk about ghetto, every time I went to the optician's no one could remember my name and everyone was always eating greasy food out of tin foil wrapping kept on their reception desk. And only one person could speak clear English and the "doctor" who examined my eyes gave me a contact prescription where one eye sees better than the other, and admitted to me that she could not understand most of what the rest of the store staff was saying because she spoke no Spanish at all.

So, now I'm out the hundreds it cost for a pair of glasses that isn't what I wanted, have a contact lens prescritpion that is not accurate, and one month's worth of contacts when the woman said I'd get a year's supply.

I don't know how to say "rip off" in Spanish, but I would never go back to this location again and would not go to another Look Optical chain store after this depressing and annoying experience.

I'm glad the other review of Look Optical is incredibly happy, but all I can say is what happened to me and let you decide for yourself if you want to see an optical store in which:

-the staff speaks mostly Spanish and only one woman speaks any English
-the optician speaks no Spanish and gave me a wrong prescription for contacts
-the glasses I ordered came back as something other than what I wanted
-I got scammed on the contact lens quanity
-everybody is always eating some kind of greasy thing every time you go
-nobody will remember you from one day to the next

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2013 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Look-Optical/Aurora-Colorado-8001/Look-Optical-optical-optician-vision-denver-colorado-Aurora-Colorado-1046677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Look Optical