Complaint Review: Loopnet

• Submitted: Mon, February 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:lakeside California
Loopnet
185 Berry Street. Suite 4000 San Fransisco, California U.S.A.

Loopnet Charged my credit card $79.95 each month for 4 extra months of listings I did not want San San Fransisco California

I live in a small house on an 8,000 sq ft. lot with a big shop that can be used for commercial business. When I became partially disabled I lost most of my business and could barely afford my mortgage. A commercial broker friend of mine suggested I lease out the back lot and the shop to a business so I could have extra income.

He recommended an online company called Loopnet.com so I placed an expensive ad for 1 month at $79.95. The ad was placed for March 2009 under thier premium listings. I did get a few responses from agents and business the first 3 weeks but then nothing after that so I figured that the 1 month Loopnet ad was not effective.

I then listed the property with my leasing agent friend and he posted a sign on the fence. As the months went by my agent friend asked me why I was still listing the property on Loopnet? and I told him that I only did for 1 month. When I checked my credit card statments closley I saw charges from Loopnet for $79.95 for April 09 another for May 09, one for June 09 and one more for July 09.

I called thier customer service and they said the charges for thier "membership" renew each month until I cancel, so I did. She also said that when I cancel to request credit for the additional months I was charged. I never received any credit for those months for a total of $319.80.

I sent customersvc@loopnet.com another email demanding a refund and then some big fish at the company told me that the charges where valid under there terms and conditions. I am going to file a small claims action against Loopnet. DO NOT LIST ANY PROPERTY WITH THIS COMPANY!

Bill
lakeside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2009 10:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loopnet/San-Fransisco-California-94107/Loopnet-Charged-my-credit-card-7995-each-month-for-4-extra-months-of-listings-I-did-not-422275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loopnet