Complaint Review: Lord's Moving Company / Jack Stone

• Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: Jess — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
Lord's Moving Company / Jack Stone
12375 South Military Trail #105 Boynton Beach, Florida United States of America

Lord's Moving Company / Jack Stone ... May the Lord forgive Lord's moving for being crooks Boynton Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Recent ripoff

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I am Dr Jack Stone President Lords Moving;

Lord's Moving Company does not work for the Lord. We hired Lord's Moving Co. to move our furniture from Fort Lauderdale to Lighthouse Point. We were given a flat rate quote of $300.00 over the phone by the owner (Jack Stone). When we asked if he needed to come to our house to do an estimate he said it was not needed.

On the day we needed to be out of our house, the movers showed up 2 hours late and then informed us it will not be $300.00 but rather $475.00. The movers also informed us that the owner and his partner (Andre) always give quotes over the phone and then demand more money when they arrive to the home, causing them to waste their time and lose jobs. When we called the owner to verify what they said he said if we didn't pay $475.00 then he would tell his workers to leave. Of course this was unacceptable to us because they originally agreed to $300.00 so we asked them to leave.

Later that day I called Jack Stone and asked why I was standing in my new home with no furniture. He apologized and went on to tell me that he's a Christian and there must have been some misunderstanding. He then said he wanted to make it up to me for the inconvinience he caused me and would mail me out a check for $100.00. I actually believed he was a man of his word but when a month went by and I still did not receive a check, I knew he was even more dishonest. I then called Jack Stone to remind him of his promise to send me $100.00 and he apologized again and called himself a Christian again and asked me to email him my address and he would mail me the check. Well, another month passed & I still have not received a check.

I find it very disturbing and sad that this company thrives themselves on being Christians and working for the Lord; however, they are crooks and Liars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2010 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lords-Moving-Company-Jack-Stone/Boynton-Beach-Florida-33436/Lords-Moving-Company-Jack-Stone-May-the-Lord-forgive-Lords-moving-for-being-crook-574180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lord's Moving Company / Jack Stone

Recent ripoff

AUTHOR: Debbie - (USA)

jack, this one might be over 2 years but mine is 1 month. A leopard never changes his spots. I now tell everyone I come in contact with to turn snd run for their life when dealing with you

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I am Dr Jack Stone President Lords Moving;

AUTHOR: Dr Jack Stone - (United States of America)

This  complaint  is  over  two  years  old....Im  the one  who  spoke  to  this  customer  to  explain we  would  do  whatever  necessary  to facilitate a remedy  to their  problem...The  complaint  was  not  filed   by  the  customer  who  we  moved,,,  but  by  a relative.....They  can  still  contact me  any time  for  resolution