Complaint Review: Lori's Fitness

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: BuyerBeware — Archdale North Carolina United States of America
Lori's Fitness

Lori's Fitness Lori Pennala Craigslist Personal Trainer a.k.a. IN HOME CON ARTIST Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Rush Fitness

*Consumer Comment: Anyone Can POST HERE

*Author of original report: no liar here... she owes me money too!

*Consumer Comment: Report and people

After finding Lori on Craigslist and talking to her for a few weeks, I scheduled an appointment with her to finally meet her in person at my home. After she walks in smelling of stale cigarette smoke, I grew concerned. Went through an assessment and a 30 minute workout of which she was not prepared to do at all. She showed up with none of her "regular equipment" so we used what I had and improvised. I scheduled my next session with her while she was still present though her website, lorisfitness.com.

Offering to pay cash due to the reservations I had, she suddenly could only take a check and a check for the month upfront. Feeling ok about that only because I had just booked the next session through what appeared to be a legitimate website.
She cancelled the next session the morning of saying she sprained her ankle teaching a class at the local gym she mentioned previously. Feeling suspicious, I called that gym she referenced and to no surprise, she had not taught there in over 2 years according to the owner. After several phone calls and text messages that she never responded to over a 4 day time period, I was left with no other choices than to file a formal complaint.

She finally responded claiming she had to have surgery and would be forced to refund my money but was going to be the week after christmas. I still have no money and no word from her. Imagine that! Don't ever trust a personal trainer that ever shows up reeking of cigarette smoke or one that won't take cash for the fist visit! should have known better....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loris-Fitness/internet/Loris-Fitness-Lori-Pennala-Craigslist-Personal-Trainer-aka-IN-HOME-CON-ARTIST-Internet-995674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lori's Fitness

Rush Fitness

AUTHOR: Guest1 - ()

She is working at the Rush Fitness 3120 Randleman Rd  Greensboro, NC 27406 (336) 544-0783 But I know she is working there and I think she is teaching kick. I dont know or care she was rude to me and my wife calling us about a room for rent. DO YOUR RESEARCH her first name is Mari Lee Pennala

Anyone Can POST HERE

AUTHOR: drchiro - (USA)

Dear
Buyer Beware person I can tell your a female right off hand. Due to the fact of your b*tchiness I worked with LORI for many many years. She came into my practice when my patients with back issues needed some advice or some rehab. And I never had an issue with her your actions are terrible and your comments are even worst.  I am sure you can use a salad and all but please your entertain everyone.

Thank You.
Dr.Chrio

no liar here... she owes me money too!

AUTHOR: BuyerBeware - (United States of America)

Not sure the nature of the relationship mentioned in the first response.... LORI is the liar! Obviously not working out well for the trainer because the website is not even up anymore... unpaid bill???? She still owes me money... seems simple.... ALL I want is my money back.... too bad she made these decisions...

Report and people

AUTHOR: drchiro - (USA)

Hi I been trained by Lori for about 3 years I can tell you first hand she is wonderful. And did not deserve this report when people are in some sort of business things happen rather it is personal or not. Things go wrong you dont run home and get on the internet and slander people. This buyer beware person is probably a lair. Very sad people do very sad things.

Poland