Complaint Review: Lorna Stinar

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By:Crooks South Dakota
Lorna Stinar
22578 COUNTY RD 2 Staples, Minnesota U.S.A.

Lorna Stinar Buyer Beware! Sold horse she knew had ear problems and refused to refund any money Staples Minnesota

*General Comment: Happy!

*Consumer Comment: Lorna Stinar

I purchased an AQHA Buckskin Mare, Mays Rainbird Sweet aka Mocha, registration number 4464921, from Lorna Stinar.

Right after getting the mare home and bridling her, I called Lorna and told her I was having trouble with her ear being sensitive. She told me she was touchy about her right ear and had been for some time.

I than called my vet and found out that Mocha had aural plagues and though unusal for them to have a sensitivity to them, Mocha did and severely. To the point she was dangerous to bridle.

I contact Ms. Lorna Stinar and informed her of the diagnosis. I asked to be compenstated if she would not take the horse back. I had saved all her emails including the one where she told me she was very aware of Mocha's ear sensitivity but that she did not know the underlying cause.

I ended up giving the mare to my son's girlfriend who was going to try to get her over her sensitivity but was unsuccessful. The mare was than put up for sale with honest disclosure of her ear problems.

I lost $1800 in the transaction, plus the gas and time it took to get this mare home on top of vet expenses to find her problems with the ears. After I asked Ms. Stinar to correct the situation she stopped all communication with me.

My son's girlfriend tried to contact Ms. Stinar to get info on the one foal Mocha had. So there would be info to any potential buyer on her breeding ability. Ms. Stinar refused all contact via email or phone.

Fighting back
Crooks, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2008 05:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lorna-Stinar/Staples-Minnesota-56479/Lorna-Stinar-Buyer-Beware-Sold-horse-she-knew-had-ear-problems-and-refused-to-refund-any-347068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lorna Stinar

#1 General Comment

Happy!

AUTHOR: skittles - ()

I have bought 5 horses from Lorna and will continue to buy from her as she is very knowlegeable and honest about her horses. It's not always the person who sells a horse to you fault if it doesn't work out, majority of the time it is your own.

Lorna Stinar

AUTHOR: no display - (United States of America)

I also purchased a horse from Lorna Stinar and am very happy with him. I couldn't have asked for a better horse and Lorna was a wonderful person to deal with. There are no issues with purchasing from Lorna if you decide to do so.

manufacturer