Complaint Review: Loryn Bogren

• Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: Ron — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Loryn Bogren
Bonsall, California United States of America

Loryn Bogren Do not buy a Yorkie from Loryn with Crownridge Yorkies. You will lose in the end. Bonsall, California

*Author of original report: Answer: What Health Complications?

*General Comment: What health complications?

Loryn is impossible to deal with. I have purchased two sick puppies from her. They appear healthy in the beginning but then have issues as they get older. When you discuss these things with Loryn she becomes defensive and irate. I have never been treated so horribly by an individual in my life. Loryn always said that if I ever had an issue she would make it "right" and that is why she did not do a contract.
She did say that if I wrote a contract she would be glad to sign anything. When I presented her with a contract she got angry and refused to sign. That should have been my sign right there. STUPID ME!! I have NEVER bought a puppy without a contract but Loryn is such a sales person she can make you believe anything. I have never met anyone quite like her. She still denies that one of my dogs has genetic defects even after providing her proof. Sadly she continues to breed
puppies with genetic faults. She does seem to keep her dogs well groomed and clean. They do have free run of the house and yard. I do think she loves the dogs she has but breeds for quantity and not quality. When she is made aware of a problem she lies and does nothing to correct the problem. One minute she promised me a replacement puppy
(which I don't want....why would I want another sick dog) and then the next minute she is yelling at me and telling me what a horrible owner I am. I have emails where she praised me for how I took care of my dogs.
My gut told me in the very beginning not to buy a dog from her but I wanted a Parti Yorkie so bad I followed my heart and not my logic. I do love the two dogs I have because they are now part of my family but sadly one of them will not live a very long life. Loryn's dogs are beautiful but keep in mind beauty does not mean long term health!!! The more I research Loryn the more people I find with identical stories.
It is all very sad. I am not writing this review to bash Loryn. I am writing this review in hopes of keeping someone else from going through what I have gone through. There are lots of ethical breeders out there with beautiful Part pups. I would just try to stay away from the Crownridge lines and that is possible. You just have to do your homework.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 10:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loryn-Bogren/Bonsall-California-/Loryn-Bogren-Do-not-buy-a-Yorkie-from-Loryn-with-Crownridge-Yorkies-You-will-lose-in-th-849284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loryn Bogren

Answer: What Health Complications?

AUTHOR: Ron - ()

MVS (Micovesicular Steatosis) proven by liver biopsies examined by NC State University.  This was potentially caused by severe inbreeding.  The pedigree I was provided prior to purchasing was fraudulent.  I found this out several months ago when I had her DNA tested.

#2 General Comment

What health complications?

AUTHOR: Trish - ()

Just trying to find out what health complications are being filed as a complaint.
Having been a veterinary technician, there are several health issues that are genetically linked.
There are also issues that can be brought on by the environment due to dietary issues lacking nutritional value, etc.  Certain bone complications such as hip dysplasia or luxating patellas can be inflicted by injuries as well as being genetically predisposed.  Hypoglycemia is a complication that affects several different toy breeds but really can be avoided by allowing a toy puppy to free feed (which is what I recommend until at least 3 months old).
I would consider serious conditions to be something along the form of severe heart murmurs and deformities.