Complaint Review: Los Angeles Parking Violation Bureau

• Submitted: Wed, October 27, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, October 29, 2004

• Reported By:91402 California
Los Angeles Parking Violation Bureau
Po Box 30090 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Los Angeles Parking Violation Bureau Wrongly Enforcement Sanctions and collection for a ticket Los Angeles California

*Consumer Suggestion: No exclusive to LA

*Consumer Suggestion: Call Pat cunningham for help. You've been subjected to the PVB's criminal mentality.

*Consumer Suggestion: I have an issue with these donkeys as well

I received a parking ticket lat December of 2003 on a place where there was no signs of prohibited parking.
I took several pictures and contested on time.
The Parking Violations sent me a letter saying that they were analyzing my contest and until they had a conclusion the payment of the ticket was suspended.
Since then, I've been receiving several letters charging me late fees and threatning to send to a collection. I called several times and all they tell me is to disregard the letter. Now I've received one threatning from the Federal Treasury and another one of Enforcement Sanctions saying that they will booth my car if I don't pay.
Tha Lady at the parking enforcement bureau told me to pay and fight later!!!

What should I do? I want to sue the City. My credit report is delinquent because of that.

I need some help on this matter and I also feel that I should warn people to save every single letter they sent to you.

Rita
91402, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2004 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Los-Angeles-Parking-Violation-Bureau/Los-Angeles-California-90030/Los-Angeles-Parking-Violation-Bureau-Wrongly-Enforcement-Sanctions-and-collection-for-a-ti-114831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Los Angeles Parking Violation Bureau

#1 Consumer Suggestion

No exclusive to LA

AUTHOR: Carol - (U.S.A.)

My Dad was in his 80's and had a pickup truck with tags and insurance sitting in the yard.
He was too old to drive, but didn't want to give up the registration on the vehicle.
Our great District of Columbia sent him a violation for not paying a parking ticket in the city. Needless to say, that truck had NEVER been in that city. He was too old to write, so I sent letters, telling them the ticket was NOT going to be paid. This went on for months. They finaly gave up on it. I don't know if this is how they make money, or if their officers need corrective glasses.

Dad wanted to pay the ticket, just to get them off his back. PLEASE DON'T PAY IT IF IT ISN'T YOURS! Make them prove it!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Marilynn - (U.S.A.)

Rita, what a relief that Richard informed you of (hopefully) being able to get help from Pat Cunningham who's become a sort of troubleshooter for totally nonplussed victims of the LA PVB.

Please DO call her (with all those PVB notices you rec'd & verbal communication details in hand.) I assume you still have copies of the pictures you took last December.

And please DO read Richard's report and all that follwed, all on the website address he provided. It is chock full of info and will at least give you an understanding of the criminal mentality (masked by "polite" telephone manners) you've been besieged by.

By no means are you alone. In fact you're probably in the majority of thinking people who have had any contact at all with the LA parking Violations Bureau.

Because your report described some things I'd never before heard of, I do have a couple questions.

Were ALL of the letters you rec'd in the mail from the PVB? You said you rec'd something "threatening from the Federal Treasury and another one of Enforcement Sanctions saying that they will boot my car if I don't pay."

I just wanted to ascertain whether you actually rec'd something directly from the "Federal Treasury" or if that FT claim was a threat that was included in one of the PVB's numbered generic letters you rec'd. Is the other letter you rec'd referencing "Enforcement Sanctions" another PVB numbered generic letter sent to you with the return address of the PVB?

By California Vehicle Code law, your car can ONLY be booted if there are FIVE OR MORE unpaid OR uncontested parking tickets attributed to your vehicle....and ONLY if you have been timely mailed a written notice after EACH of those 5 or more parking tickets was not paid OR contested within 21 days from their date of issuance. Then AFTER they timely send you that notice for EACH citation of record, a vehicle owner has an added 14 days to either pay the ticket without any added monetary penalty OR contest the ticket. That's all based on constitutional case law. Except in emergency situations (for example a wreck in the middle of an intersection) one's property (vehcile) cannot be seized without mailed notice to the property (vehicle) owner. A claimed debt for a parking ticked does not legally allow for seizure (booting) of your property (vehicle). In other words, due process of law. (Thank goodness there are still basic constitutional rights that our courts have consistently upheld.)

Again, call Pat Cunningham at (213) 485-4783 and let us know what happens. Would appreciate a response to my above questions about the source of the letters you rec'd. Good luck.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I have an issue with these donkeys as well

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

Rita, my sympathy to your plight. I have an issue with these donkeys as well. Look at my repot (number http://www.RipOffReport.com/view.asp?id=106786) It has some very helpfull information that was passed on by Marylinn of Mesa AZ. She is pretty smart on these. Listen very carefully to what she has to say. Look at my report! There are some phone numbers for you. Call Pat Cunningham, she may be able to help you. She did help me. I never knew who she was until Marylinn brought her into the lime light. CALL HER !!!!! Let us know what happens. My report has some good and juicy information. Keep us up to date. Good luck GO FIGHT WIN! Dont let these jackasses take your money for no good just honest reason.