Complaint Review: Los Angelos COmputer Center (LACC)

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: Bob — Yuma Arizona United States of America
Los Angelos COmputer Center (LACC)

Los Angelos COmputer Center ,LACC, LACC and BBB Really? Internet

I purchased some toner cartridges from LACC for my laser printer.  I paid for red label delivery.  They said even red label takes two days because they take a day to process all orders.  Not a problem.  They shipped the day I expected.  My order did not arrive the day I expected.  It took me two days to get a response hwich was to tell me that they do not offer next day delivery... wehich I said I understood, but I paid for red label service which they offer and my order did not arrive in two days as expected either.

While I was waiting to find out if I had been screwed or not I ordered some toner cartridge from one of the big mainstream dealer and had it the next day.  I installed the cartridge and got to work.  Then I decided to wait and see with LACC.

More than a week later the toner carts I ordered from LACC finally arrived.  They were shipped ground freight even though I paid for Red Label.  I contacted LACC to see about getting a refund on the difference in shipping cost from what I paid and what I received.  They gave me the run around having me call back several times.  It was a pretty horrific process.  I never received any refund.  The simple fact is they defrauded me out of the extra shipping charges.

At that time I was running a lot of material through my laser printer, and I soon needed another cartridge.  I opened up the first one received from LACC, and it didn't work.  In fact it felt empty.  I opened the second one, and it was cracked.  It was clearly shipped and packaged cracked as there was no damage to the packaging.  The third one was in the same condition as the seocnd one, except it felt empty as well.  Atleast there wasn't toner all over the inside of the packaging on that one.

I filed a complaint with the Los Angelos coutnry attorney's office, and heard nothing.  I looked at LACCs BBB rating and saw that they had an F rating, but were not a member.  A year later I received a letter from the BBB stating that LACC claimed to have resolved their issue with me.  They never did.  I refuted that.  A month later I received another letter claiming that it was resolved, and I wrote back stating it was not resolved, repeatign my roiginal complaint, and stating that LACC could not produce any proffi that it was resolved as it never was.  A couple months later I received another letter from BBB claiming they recognized my complaint was legitimate, but they were closing the complaint.

I checked the rating on LACC with the BBB after that.  A-.  Dozens of complaints from custoemrs similar to mine or worse and they have an A-.  I have been in business for over 20 years, only ever received one complaint to the BBB which was resolved and recognized that I had done nothing to warrant the complaint, and my business is rated a B.  I am not a BBB member and I never will be.

Anyway, I am sure LACC doesn't screw and defraud ALL of their customers or they would not still be in business, but from my experience if there is a problem they will never ever fix it, and they will try to lie about it if you report it to the BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Los-Angelos-COmputer-Center-LACC/internet/Los-Angelos-COmputer-Center-LACC-LACC-and-BBB-Really-Internet-994716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Los Angelos COmputer Center (LACC)