Complaint Review: Lose Weight Systems, Adipose RX

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 08, 2009

• Reported By:Rochester New York
Lose Weight Systems, Adipose RX
223 West Bulldog, Ste. 304 Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Lose Weight Systems ,Adipose RX Unauthorized charges to credit card for weight loss products Provo Utah

*Consumer Comment: UPS Store

*Author of original report: Refund Received

Received a bottle of Caralluma Extreme, a weight loss product, in the mail that I never ordered. No shipping or order documentation was included in the envelope. The return address is 1155 West Pioneer Blvd., Ste 103-211, Mesquite, NV 89027. Upon investigation I was told this was their fulfillment center.

There was an unauthorized charge of $34.84 placed on 2/3/09 on my MasterCard from Adipose RX. I called the 800 number (800-430-1529) listed on their website, www.loseweightsystems.com, and spoke to Walt who, after I told him my name and state assured me that the charge would be reversed. Since I just called today I can't confirm the charge has been reversed.

NOTE: The address provide (and verified in WhoIs) is 223 W. Bulldog, Ste. 304, Provo, UT 84604. This is a UPS Store and the firm is probably renting mailbox 304. The UPS store number is 5266. You can send them an email at store5266 at theupsstore.com and ask that they take steps to prevent the passibly fraudulent activity taking place from their premises.

David
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lose-Weight-Systems-Adipose-RX/Provo-Utah-84604/Lose-Weight-Systems-Adipose-RX-Unauthorized-charges-to-credit-card-for-weight-loss-produc-423394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lose Weight Systems, Adipose RX

UPS Store

AUTHOR: Dudette - (U.S.A.)

So--I was scammed by this company too-- saw your post--loved the idea of getting ahold of the UPS Store--so I did-- I was given a box number of 223 -- I called the store and was told that YES--they do know it is a scam--but they can do nothing about it. I replied, "Hello? Don't rent a box to them! Don't be part of their scam by enabling them!" I also was told that the police could do nothing about it -- only the US Postal Service. Great, just great!

Refund Received

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

After a second phone call to the 800 number in my original posting my credit card was credited for the full amount of the purchase.

Also, the manager of the UPS store did some investigation and concluded that some other firm was submitting these fraudulent charges to test stolen credit card information and that it was not the renter of box 304 that was deceiving customers. I'm not convinced, but I suppose it could be.