Complaint Review: Loteria Primitiva, Santa Lucia Security Company S.A.

• Submitted: Tue, October 04, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, October 05, 2005

• Reported By:Goodhue Minnesota
Loteria Primitiva, Santa Lucia Security Company S.A.
Plaza De Colon E-28830 Madrid, Spain Spain
  • Phone: 01134678083054
  • Web:
  • Category: Lottery

Loteria Primitiva, Santa Lucia Security Company S.A. ripoff letter was sent stating I HAD WON $615,810.00 & was now deposited with a security co. in my name. Madrid Spain

*Consumer Comment: They saw you coming a mile away

I received this envelope in my mail box with no return address. That seemed rather odd to me so I was a little leery when I opened it. The letter was very formal and really had me going. I was told I had won $615,810.00 and it was depositied with a security company in my name. A lottery payments processing form had been sent also. I had even gone as far as filling it out. Not being real sure of this I had used my savings account rather than my checking account. I guess I was hoping this was my miracle. I could have really used this to pay The Mayo Clinic some of what I owe. I was heart broken when I found this web site that said these people were a rip-off. Thank God I found this before I tried making international calls.

Gerry
Goodhue, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2005 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loteria-Primitiva-Santa-Lucia-Security-Company-SA/Madrid-Spain/Loteria-Primitiva-Santa-Lucia-Security-Company-SA-ripoff-letter-was-sent-stating-I-HAD-159419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loteria Primitiva, Santa Lucia Security Company S.A.

They saw you coming a mile away

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I tried to reply yesterday but I apparently got edited out.

This is certainly 100% your fault and I don't feel one iota of sympathy for you. This is one of the older scams out there and if you'd done even an ounce of work up front, unlike what you are now doing on the back end, you would have realized you were being set up.

Loteria Primativea (primitive lottery)? RED FLAG! Overseas? RED FLAG! Unsolicited? RED FLAG! You won big? RED FLAG! Send money or give info up front? RED FLAG!

With all these humungous red flags waving in front of your nose, what the hell did you expect?

Now, I don't mean to be nasty to you, but this is a perfect example of Americans not taking responsibility for thier own actions, and not acting with a grain of common sense. As a country, if we don't wake up and start using common sense that would ferret out such obvious scams, we are going to end up back in the stone ages or at least back to covered wagons and horses 'cause we're being outsmarted by nearly every developed country out there.

You allowed yourself to be taken in by your own greed. You should know better than to think that there's a free lunch out there. I think this should be better posted on Darwin Awards.

companys