Complaint Review: Lou Razon - Designer For Bridal & Formal

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By:Granada Hills California
Lou Razon - Designer For Bridal & Formal
309 W. Broadway Glendale, California U.S.A.

Lou Razon Designer Ruined my dress, took $500.00 from me, didn't give me a dress or any of money and insulted me Glendale California

*Author of original report: You must not have actually dealt with Ms. Lou Razon

*Author of original report: This is a scam report that gets money from the owner

*Consumer Comment: This is a SCAM REPORT that gets money from the owner

*General Comment: You must not have actually dealt with Ms. Lou Razon.

For my only son's wedding I wanted to look very special. I did not want a dress off the rack so I found a picture from the internet of a movie star that had a beautiful dress on for the Academy awards. I found this business on-line I called them and asked if they made custom dresses. They said yes and that I could take them a picture of the dress I wanted. We made an appointment but when I went in, instead of meeting Lou Razon the designer I met with an assistant who knew noting about design or dress making. She took my measurements. I was told they could get any color fabric I wanted. I showed her the color of a dress on display and she said no problem. I had an appointment for two weeks later for a fitting but the fabric wasn't ready. Long story short I finally met the designer who took me to downtown Los Angeles and I chose the fabric. I went to a total of 5 fittings and was never happy with the work. I kept telling her this was the most important night of my life and she kept saying that it will be OK. Never once Lou Razon came to the fittings. Two days before the wedding I went to pick up the dress and it was not finished. Not only that but the pleats were not pinned down correctly so my sids and behind looked like I was the Michelin man. When I protested the assistant called the designer and she came after 45 minutes. When I told her what was wrong she started screaming and accusing me of wanting a huge discount. She said she had worked in that community and she knew "my kind". I told her that I didn't want a discount. I said if she could fix my dress I would pay $1000.00 instead of the agreed $750.00. She told me to take the dress off if not she would call the police. I was livid and so very disappointed so I left. I had to go to a department store at the last minute and after trying on tens of dresses got an ugly dress. I did not enjoy the wedding because I didn't feel good in the dress. I never contacted her and she never returned any of my $500.00 that I had paid her nor she sent me the dress. She should not be in business. She is not a designer or a dress maker not even a decent person.

Glenda
Granada Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lou-Razon-Designer-For-Bridal-Formal/Glendale-California-91204/Lou-Razon-Designer-Ruined-my-dress-took-50000-from-me-didnt-give-me-a-dress-or-any-of-354974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lou Razon - Designer For Bridal & Formal

You must not have actually dealt with Ms. Lou Razon

AUTHOR: Glenda - ()

I actually did deal with your beloved Ms. Lou Razon. As you can see from my report she took me shopping for the fabric and I saw her only on the last day when I went to pick up my dress. Every word in my report is acurate. She was untalented, uneducated unprofessional stupid person who should not be in business, any bisiness. I posted my report in July 2008 it must have taken her this long to see the report and ask two of her customers to say nice things about her. My report stays. Like I said before I will not delete the report even if she pays me.

This is a scam report that gets money from the owner

AUTHOR: Glenda - ()

Every word in my report is true. That report was my first and only report on this site. Actually your repost sound like a scam because you are prasing her she must have paid you to say nice things about her. She was an uneducated unprofessional stupid person that should have never been in business. I would not delete the report even if she paid me.

This is a SCAM REPORT that gets money from the owner

AUTHOR: Chuwi - ()

It's been years since I started having my dresses fixed, altered, and customized by Ms. Lou Razon. I find this comment to be a SCAM to get some money from the owner.

Ms. Lou Razon is of a good  moral and also one of the sponsors of the prestigous pageant Miss Philippines - USA. And she created all the gowns and dresses from the pageant, and i find them verry beautiful.

You may try visiting (((link redacted))) to get more information

#4 General Comment

You must not have actually dealt with Ms. Lou Razon.

AUTHOR: Amy-Repeat Customer - (United States of America)

This customer says she went for 5 fittings and was never satisfied. This sounds completely inaccurate to me, since I've worked with Lou Razon for 6 years now. She's made 6 dresses for me so far, altered 3 others, and I'll be going back to her this year again for 2 more formal gowns.

She's never let me down on timing, always keeps her own appointments. She was stuck in traffic once between San Gabriel Valley & Glendale and her nephew asked me to wait for just a bit - which is totally understandable in Los Angeles, and that her teenage nephew met me for our appointment proves that she and her family are committed to their customers.

Ms. Razon has always had a few swatches for me to choose from, she's always sketched out designs at our first meeting for the new dress(es). She's very professional, friendly, and reliable. I'm a repeat customer - and I have the red carpet pictures to prove it.