Complaint Review: Louis Littman Centrebridge Partners

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Doris Ligman — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Louis Littman Centrebridge Partners
375 Park Avenue, 12th floor New York, New York United States of America

Louis Littman Centrebridge Partners Claimed to have insider priviledged information to scam people New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: Doesn't matter.

*Author of original report: The reason for this report

*Consumer Comment: Interesting report.

Be careful everybody, there are many people like Louis Littman who love to feed you bs for money. Mr Louis Littman and I went to school together at Pennsylvania University. We have stayed in touch since graduating and he always was proud to be in a huge firm (Centerbridge Partners) and he always promised that we would make huge business because he had access to insider privileged information about mergers and acquisitions by Centerbridge Partners. This information was given to him by his boss who is a personal friend of his, Jeffrey Aronson (who by the way bought a Manhattan home worth $13.075 million) who would have parties at the home with various partners where they would play poker, do blow, have escorts over, etc.

One day Louis Littman proposed to me to invest in the next acquisition by Centerbridge,  told me I could get 125% return in less then a year. [continued below]....
..... He said Mr Jeffrey Aronson told him to wire the money to a certain secret accounts in the Cayman Islands and they would personally deliver our marketable stocks. I wired 250k to the account in the Cayman Islands that Louis told me to wire it to. After I wired the money and I didn't receive any paperwork or calls from him, I started getting worried. I tried to communicate with him many times and he just avoided me at all costs. I have even personally gone to the Centerbridge offices and they had security escort me out. I have reported this to the authorities and am planning on starting a lawsuit against Centerbridge partners once I find a group of people who have been scammed by Centerbridge themselves. Be careful of these types of companies and comments. Avoid Centerbridge Partners, Jeffrey Aronson and Louis Littman at all costs though, your money will magically disappear!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Louis-Littman-Centrebridge-Partners/New-York-New-York-10152/Louis-Littman-Centrebridge-Partners-Claimed-to-have-insider-priviledged-information-to-sc-1044018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Louis Littman Centrebridge Partners

Doesn't matter.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - ()

" At the time I did not know that insider trading privileged information was illegal. "

Hard to imagine, given the high profile insider trading scandals over the years.    Even if that's true, claiming ignorance of the law is not going to help.    You still have the problem of "dirty hands".   You still can't sue over an illegal transaction.    It's the same reason that drug dealers can't sue each other.

If you really do attempt to sue this person, please come back and post the docket #.    I'd think such a suit would be summarily dismissed, but I could be wrong.

The reason for this report

AUTHOR: Doris Ligman - ()

At the time I did not know that insider trading privileged information was illegal. People need to be careful from this man because he will trick you and wipe out your bank accounts.

Interesting report.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - ()

" he always promised that we would make huge business because he had access to insider privileged information about mergers and acquisitions by Centerbridge Partners.  "

That's called insider trading and is a federal offense.  You can go to jail for trading on privileged information.

"  I have reported this to the authorities and am planning on starting a lawsuit against Centerbridge partners  "

Didn't the "authorities" have anything to say about your plan to commit an illegal act?

I'd love to see what a judge would have to say about a plaintiff that was suing for being stiffed in an illegal transaction.    Plug "clean hands doctrine" into your favorite seach engine.