Complaint Review: Louis Vuitton Union Square & Corporate

• Submitted: Thu, January 07, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 21, 2010

• Reported By: You Know Who — Manhattan Beach California U.S.A.
Louis Vuitton Union Square & Corporate
233 Geary Street San Francisco, California United States of America

Louis Vuitton Union Square & Corporate Louis Vuitton Gearry Street Do Not Adhere to Return Policy - Liars San Francisco, California

*Author of original report: Attempted to Contact Internet Support

*Consumer Comment: Is this the best...

Purchased a brand new pair of Kanye West x Louis Vuitton shoes through phone. Order was processed through Union Square store. Picked up from Fedex on 1/4/2009 due to missed deliveries. Item was purchased for college roomate on my credit card since he is foreign and I already had an account. Gave him the shoes, he decided he didn't like them and asked me to return them. Lo and behold, he thought it would be funny to switch his Chinese Kanye's with the real ones and present it as a gift to me. I opened the box to decide if I wanted to keep or return the shoes and they were pretty ugly so decided to return them not realizing he switched them. Brought into LV and was given a refund while I looked at other items and had my new wallet hot stamped. Placed an order for another pair of the same shoes in the gray color since they looked much better. Left and paid for it, got a call and was asked to come back in to sign authorization for the order (a lie). Came back, manager and expert explained they were fake shoes which I didn't know about, voided the credit on the return and recharged me for the shoes - for a higher amount than the credit ($2.13). Infuriated I left, not suspecting anything I called San Francisco and insisted these were the shoes they had sent me. They denied a return. Had other issues to deal with, went to Century City Louis Vuitton on 1/7/09 with real shoes after roomate explained what had happened. He switched them not expecting me to go the very next day to return the shoes. Brought in real shoes, verifiied by staff at 't Century city but they said they couldn't take it since my account was deactivated. Called the 866 number and talked to Gabrielle who tries to sound sweet while enjoying being a b***h. Told me I had been banned by corporate directive and could not buy or have any transactions with Louis Vuitton. Ok, so fine, whatever atleast let me return the shoes since those were bought before a decision was made to ban me right? Nope, completely no relations with me. Not even allowed to return shoes within the proper time frame, stuck with these shoes and no money. Furthermore, was charged twice for these shoes, charged once for another pair that was canceled but the charge wasn't and the one credit was voided. Now these are all pending but from their attitude, I think they know whats going on and no further transactions is a one way deal where they can take my money but not allow me to get it back. Will never buy from again. Nevermind that I have a history that includes spending 10k on Louis items within the last 5 months. The Rodeo store treats me with respect since they've seen my black card. Corporate sees that I am 20 and treats me like s**t. Little do they know the power I have and the people I represent - but soon they'll see the consequences of ripping off someone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2010 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Louis-Vuitton-Union-Square-Corporate/San-Francisco-California-/Louis-Vuitton-Union-Square-Corporate-Louis-Vuitton-Gearry-Street-Do-Not-Adhere-to-Return-551072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Louis Vuitton Union Square & Corporate

Attempted to Contact Internet Support

AUTHOR: Harry - (U.S.A.)

Apologized for the confusion, explained the situation. Was very rational and reasonable - presented clear cut evidence my shoes were real. Dumbfounded them with the question, if I paid $912 and you have that money, wouldn't that mean I have a real pair of shoes? If you continue to claim that my shoes are fake while taking my money - that means you sent me fake shoes. Thought baffled the representative and simply got this response - quoted word for word.

Louis Vuitton will no longer be communicating with you in this regard.

Real smart people - find yourself stuck in a situation where you cheated a customer due to an honest mistake he made. They lost more money than they've gained - no longer will I buy from them - not that I can anyways.

Is this the best...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You took the time to come up with that story and this was the best you can come up with.

I am sure that they never heard the "Oh my roommate must have switched the shoes as a joke" excuse before.  If this really did happen you are very lucky that they only banned you from the store and didn't call the cops.