Complaint Review: Louis Vuitton

• Submitted: Mon, March 10, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 10, 2008

• Reported By:San Mateo California
Louis Vuitton
233 Geary Street San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Louis Vuitton Terrible Customer Service. I purchased a standard wallet on 02/06/2008 for $672.70 and was told I had 30 days for a refund. I brought back the wallet within the time frame and was told they would give me full refund for store credit only San Francisco California

I purchased a standard wallet on 02/06/2008 for $672.70 and was told I had 30 days for a refund. I brought back the wallet within the time frame and was told they would only give me store credit. While I was at the register they told the person next to me "you have 30 days for a full refund" as well. When I brought it to the attention to the women helping me she said, yes that is true. You have 30 days for a full refund of store credit but only 14 days for a cash refund which was not mentioned to me. Is store credit really a full refund? I asked to speak to a manager to which the sales person was hesitant. She left and came back in 5 minutes and said the manager supported her decision not to refund the product for a refund and that nothing would be done. I was shocked the manager didn't have the courtesy to tell me in person so I asked to talk to the manager and was told by the sales person "She is just going to give you the same answer I did". Eventually the manager came to me and said I am standing behind my staff and we will not give you a refund. The manager said I could call their 866 number and complain. I did call the 866 number and they confirmed they would not do anything. At this point the returned the wallet for store credit only.

It is not the money but rather the principle of how they treated me and spoke to me in such a demeaning manner.

I have to say they have the worst customer service I have ever encountered at ANY store.

I told them I would put a negative review online and they said they didn't care at all.

Keith
San Mateo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2008 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Louis-Vuitton/San-Francisco-California-94102/Louis-Vuitton-Terrible-Customer-Service-I-purchased-a-standard-wallet-on-02062008-for-316522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Louis Vuitton