- Report: #951202
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Love and Logic Broomfield, Co
Love and Logic Broomfield, Co2095 West 6th Ave Suite 205 Broomfield, Colorado United States of America
Love and Logic Broomfield, Co In Depth Therapy Love and Logic is a scam and a ploy to get your MONEY Broomfield, Colorado
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) common sense 2) all they really want is your money. I don't know how many times the so called "facilitator" (DVD operator), would try to get the attendees to buy books, tapes, DVDs, and....you guessed it, sign up for more classes. It really is nothing but just a "parenting cult" that is designed to get your money and program you to think that if you are not buying more and more of their crap that YOU are a bad parent. This "Philosophy" that they teach is a joke and (I believe) could be considered child abuse. I will never forget a parent asking the facilitator (DVD press play lady) about some techniques for getting her 6 yr old to go to bed. [continued below]....
Here was the "Love and Logic" answer to her question. "You give him choices. Tell him that if he stays up he will still be getting up at the same time even if that means going to school in your pj's". Theory being that the kid would stay up once or twice, wake up exhausted, (or go-to school in his pj's) and would learn that he needs to make better decisions. they emphasized, "It's all about giving your kid choices". the parent said well what if my kid chooses to stay up and I need to go-to bed...do I just leave him up because it's his choice? To which the facilitator (DVD operator and book seller) said, "Yes, you go to bed and he will need to live with his choice in the morning"..
Ok, I understand the choices thing....blah blah blah...it's not rocket science. However, if you give your kid the ability to make certain "choices" (as you were taught at Loving Logic), you could end up facing child abuse charges and/or lose your child altogether. Here is just one example;
"Hello 911 my son, just burned his hand on the oven. He turned it on after I went to bed and he seriously burned himself!!", "Maam, why are you sleeping and letting your 6 yr old child "roam" around your house?"...."I was giving him choices, they taught me that in parenting class"..."Maam, put your hands behind your back".
Here is my other issue with "Love and Illogical..I mean Logic". The facilitator (DVD operator lady) is "partners" lol with a local judge that presides (among other things) over child custody and parenting cases. So, you go see before Judge Bakke, she refers you to parenting classes, oh and what a coincidence my "partner" just so happens to run/work at just such a place (classes are around $200 a session). Is it just me, or does that sound like a serious conflict of interest? A Judge ordering people to take AND PAY for classes that are run by her "partner"? And once again, $200 per "session" (more like DVD watching)
If ordered by Judge Bakke or any other judge to go to parenting classes, I would stay far away from Love and Logic and "In-Depth" Therapy. I know this might hurt these two women's pocket books a little bit, but you can find MUCH better parenting classes without rewarding and taking part in this scam that has gone on in Boulder County for years.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Love-and-Logic-Broomfield-Co/Broomfield-Colorado-80020/Love-and-Logic-Broomfield-Co-In-Depth-Therapy-Love-and-Logic-is-a-scam-and-a-ploy-to-get-951202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.