Complaint Review: Loving The Classics

• Updated: Sat, April 02, 2011

• Reported By: Jim — South Toms River New Jersey United States of America
Loving The Classics

Loving The Classics No Reply No Merchandise, Internet

*Author of original report: Company responded

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Shipping clarification

*Author of original report: Email

*Author of original report: Reply

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Patience is a virtue

I have yet to receive my DVD and I am not getting any replies to my emails. I will have to file a complaint through Visa to get my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loving-The-Classics/internet/Loving-The-Classics-No-Reply-No-Merchandise-Internet-711554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loving The Classics

Company responded

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

I am pleased Loving The Classics has remedied our problem. They contacted me and refunded me my money. I did just receive the item though. It is in perfect condition. They also offered a free movie of my choosing. Since I received the DVD I will not pick one. They made good and I will order from them again. Thank You.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Shipping clarification

AUTHOR: Loving the Classics - (USA)

Since this customer thought he would be getting his movie within 7 business days we are going to go ahead and refund the entire amount and let him keep the movie. We don't make promises we can't keep and we want to make sure everyone gets what they feel they were promised.

I thought it was clear on our site that the mail class selected does not affect the 7 business days shipping time frame. Selecting priority mail only guarantees faster delivery from the time the package ships. Obviously we need to go back and rewrite this section so it is clearer.

I apologize for my curt response this morning. There is no excuse for my behavior, but to my knowledge the first contact we received from this customer was only 1 day before this complaint was posted. As stated in my earlier response we answer emails within 2 business days so I was a bit shocked to see a complaint on here when it had barely been 24 hours since I received his email.

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

My FIRST email was sent 3/24. NOT 3/28. I have a copy.

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

They say patience is a virtue. I ordered it on 3/10. They stated that it would be mailed priority within 7 business days.  Should have been mailed 3/21-3/22. Today is 3/30. Not a very good business when you get a response...patience is a virtue.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Patience is a virtue

AUTHOR: Loving the Classics - (USA)

This order was placed on 3/10 and as stated on our site and in the order confirmation email all in stock items ship within 7 business days. The movie was shipped out and is likely still in transit.

The customer did contact us on 3/28 but we have an auto-reply up stating that emails will be answered within 2 business days. Since he posted this on 3/29 he obviously was not willing to wait even 1 day for a response.

I would like to remind everyone that we are a small company and it is only me and one other part-time employee. We wish we had the time and resources to send things the very next day, but we don't make promises we can't keep which is why we have the 7 business days shipping time frame and the 2 business days time frame for answering emails.