Complaint Review: Low Cost Moving

• Updated: Tue, June 04, 2013

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Michigan
Low Cost Moving
18375 Ventura Blvd. Tarzana, California USA

Low Cost Moving a.k.a. Reliable Low Cost Moving/a.k.a. "Coast" Moving some places, Michelle - DISHONEST BUSINESS FROM START TO FINISH - GLAD I'M ONLY OUT $1500 Tarzana California

*Author of original report: Update To My Original Report: Owner Has Stepped In To Rectify

I'll keep this short and sweet:

1) Dishonest sales practices - they'll send you to an A+ BBB profile in Utah when they're trying to get your business, instead of the D rating they have in their home state.

2) Their driver didn't know that MI was Michigan, not Missouri...so he was two days late.  Minor technicality, but if you're a "professional" driver??  The driver then napped in the truck while two un-uniformed people who did not speak English whatsoever unloaded the truck - again, this was not a big deal but it definitely made communication challenging.

2) They lost/stole over $1500 worth of my personal items and damaged even more. They put no effort into finding the box, dodged my calls and emails, and instead shuffled me off to their outsourced claims company, which offered me $84. When I said this was unacceptable and brought up some of the other issues I had already had with them, they offered an additional $66.

3) I've reviewed them numerous places online now, and they are currently withholding my measly claim payment until I remove the reviews and sign a waiver saying I will not post any more.

4) They've changed their business name on their Yelp profile to "Coast Moving" to avoid the four 1-star reviews they have on there, and reopened a new profile which they tried to load with fake 5-star reviews (check the filtered reviews). This is par for the course - if you pay attention to ANY of their review profiles online, it is clear they buy their reviews.

THESE GUYS HAVE NO CONCEPT OF HONEST BUSINESS, AND DO NOT DESERVE TO BE IN BUSINESS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2013 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Low-Cost-Moving/Tarzana-California-91356/Low-Cost-Moving-aka-Reliable-Low-Cost-Movingaka-Coast-Moving-some-places-Michel-1056241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Low Cost Moving

Update To My Original Report: Owner Has Stepped In To Rectify

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - ()

Since writing my original report, I've had a few long conversations with the owner of Low Cost Moving, who stepped in once he was made aware of my experience. He has really made an effort to make my experience with the company better and clarify miscommunications, and I appreciate that.

In addition, he informed me that Low Cost Moving is no longer working with some of the companies they outsourced some of their work to (sales and internet marketing, for example), who are responsible for the dishonest practices and the majority of my frustrations with them.

No company is perfect, and I think the true test of service and integrity is how a company handles issues with customers when they arise. In this case, I'm satisfied with the outcome.