Complaint Review: Low Cost Van Rental

• Submitted: Fri, January 11, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: Gerd — Melle Other Germany
Low Cost Van Rental

Low Cost Van Rental Low Cost Car And Van Rental Reservation and booking not confirmed, deposit withheld, communication refused Internet

In February 2011 I decided to book a van over a month`s period for my holidays, starting in Brantham (near Ipswich, England), in July and August 2011 through the internet.

I  went through "Low cost car and van rental" s booking procedure via internet. Of the entire rent, approx. 800 British Pound , a deposit of 500 BP was to be paid instantaniously . As I  wanted to avoid using my credit card, I issued a bank order payable to Barcley`s Bank, Station Road Harlow CM 170 AS with IBAN GB 72 BARC 20865490503606, booking code DH 0066240

No confirmation followed, even though  I repeatedly und expressively asked for one. I also rang them a number of times, but all I got was one promise that soon a confirmation was going to be sent (but it was not).

I resigned to that and hoped for the best. In the event I recieved a phone call on the 18th of July 2011, after my arrival in Brantham  and a day before the rental period was to start. A gentleman told me that he was from "Capital Hire Hampstead" and that his company was stepping  in for another company which for some reason had declared themselves unfit to provide the service.

He in effect forced us to give him our credit card details. Next day (19th of July 2011) the van was delivered to Brantham and we returned it on the 20th of August to the company`s premises - 191 West End Lane West Hampstead, London NW6 2LJ.  Both  dates were in accordance with the rental agreement. However, to our dismay Capital Hire Hampstead charged us with the full rent (roughly 900 BP and probably about 50 BP more than the rent stated on the  website). They insisted, they knew nothing about any deposit and that repayment of that money was a matter we had to settle with "LCVanRental".

From London I travelled on to New Zealand and returned in July 2012. During my travel I kept on trying to contact "LcVanRental" by phone and e-mail.They never replied. One person referred me to another.Finally I recieved a message that the reception of my e-mails had  been refused.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Low-Cost-Van-Rental/internet/Low-Cost-Van-Rental-Low-Cost-Car-And-Van-Rental-Reservation-and-booking-not-confirmed-dep-995259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Low Cost Van Rental