Complaint Review: Lowe's Home Improvement

• Updated: Sat, December 14, 2013

• Reported By: Maureen from Milford, PA — Milford Pennsylvania
Lowe's Home Improvement
115 Wenlock Road, Matamoras, PA 18336 Matamoras, Pennsylvania USA

Lowe's Home Improvement Lowe's roof contractor falls through roof, leaves and I Lowe's uses coersion to get refund Matamoras Pennsylvania

After getting $14,000 upfront for a roofing job Lowe's subcontractor falls through the roof and ups and leaves refusing to continue with the work. Roofing material is gone, I have a section of my roof missing, the falling roofer missed me by inches. I am left with weather/rain damage inside the home, an additional cost of a second repair, storage area, and now an attorney (when I find one that takes on the case). Lowe's wants me to sign a release in order to get my money back but if I sign this I will jeopardize State Farm from going after them for the internal damage and open myself for a lawsuit from the worker falling through the roof.

I am living with a tarped up home during mid winter (snowing now). After having an adjuster and another contractor look at the damage it appears that new rafters were not needed, as the subcontracot claimed,and the material Lowe's tried to pass off was undersized. [continued below]....

..... This whole thing started in October and I am left with $8000.00, then a second $6000.00 charged after the subcontractor refused to continue work twice. I have been ripped off, had the heck scared out of me due to a scare tactic the greedy subcontractor attempted to use (he succeeded) and now I can't get any money back without a legal release. There are more details, but trying to make this as easy to understand.  Added to this I was laidoff in the middle of this. Lowe's is counting on me signing this release out of desperation.

I am an older women living alone and trusted Lowe's. Boy, was a taken advantage of and am about to have my credit ruined and am stressed out over trying to get enough money for an attorney or pay my heat, food, etc.

Milford, PA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lowes-Home-Improvement-/Matamoras-Pennsylvania-18336/Lowes-Home-Improvement-Lowes-roof-contractor-falls-through-roof-leaves-and-I-Lowes-us-1107044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lowe's Home Improvement