Complaint Review: Lowe's Home Improvement Center

• Updated: Wed, June 08, 2011

• Reported By: Phil — Saugus Massachusetts United States of America
Lowe's Home Improvement Center
1500 Broadway Saugus, Massachusetts United States of America

Lowe's Home Improvement Center Lowes changed my store-pickup orders to "Picked Up", but I never went to the store! Saugus, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: Wait a minute...

Back in November 2010, I made some online purchases for store-pickup. Sometime in January, I received a phone message from Lowe's telling me my orders will be canceled if I don't pick them up. So I decided I'll just let them cancel my orders and receive a refund automatically. The refund never came. I didn't realize this until last month.
I checked my orders online and to my surprise it shows them as "Picked Up" which is bizarre because I have never been to that particular store.
So last week I called the store and the Lowe's employee confirmed that my orders have been picked up. She said management would need to investigate. I asked the lowe's employee to search for my signatures to prove I picked them up. She again reiterated that management would need to investigate. Then hung up. Well, it has been one week and I never received a call back from them. Basically, Lowes scammed me for $10.51.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2011 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lowes-Home-Improvement-Center/Saugus-Massachusetts-01803/Lowes-Home-Improvement-Center-Lowes-changed-my-store-pickup-orders-to-Picked-Up-but-I-738392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lowe's Home Improvement Center

Wait a minute...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You did an order for an In-Store pickup in November.  TWO months later they call you and tell you to actually pick them up.  So you just decide to let them cancel it.  It then took you another FOUR months to realize that they say you picked up the order?  On top of that it took you then another few weeks to actually talk to someone at the store.

Yet after you going slower than a snail in following through, you called them once and then give them a week before you post a report?

You are asking them to go back and investigate something that happened(or didn't happen) 4 months ago with the "return".  We don't know if this is the entire story, but if you don't get your money back you probably have as much if not most of the blame because of how long you let this go.