• Report: #392051

• Submitted: Mon, November 17, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 17, 2008

• Reported By:Albuquerque New Mexico
Lowes Maytag Neptune
6200 PASEO DEL-NORTE Albuquerque, New Mexico U.S.A.

Lowes Appliance Warranty- Maytag Neptune Told me no need to extended register warranty- now told > 1yr later that no record because I didn't. Albuquerque New Mexico

After researching web to find I missed a class action lawsuit against Maytag for its Neptune front loading washer, I called Lowes to use the extended warranty I bought there. (I bought this and other "supposedly" top-line appliances 3 weeks before moving to a new house and had them it delivered, there. Have been unable to locate my paperwork on them after the move.) The Lowes store told me because it is more than one year, the store records have been deleted. Calling 888-775-6937 as instructed by the store, I was told by the extended warranty department that they do not have any records of warrantees unless the customer calls or goes online to register each warranty. When I attempted to do that, I was told not to. In fact, when I called today the recorded message said the same thing, "If you are calling to register a warranty, there is no need to do so." From what I found online today, Maytag Neptune frontloading washers have design flaws that cause the problems I am now having. And I also learned Lowes tells you not to register your warranty, to just call if you ever need something- but when you call they say they have no record of your warranty because you never registered it. Frm reading other complaints on here, it appears even if you can get service under the warranty, it is not good. I will never buy a Maytag product again (like I never ever again bought Fords since they screwed me on two new cars in the 70s) nor will I ever buy anything at Lowes again.

Stanton
Albuquerque, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2008 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lowes-Maytag-Neptune/Albuquerque-New-Mexico-87113/Lowes-Appliance-Warranty-Maytag-Neptune-Told-me-no-need-to-extended-register-warranty-no-392051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lowes Maytag Neptune