Complaint Review: Lowe's Service Advantage

• Updated: Tue, August 06, 2013

• Reported By: oldmanflyboy — San Antonio Texas
Lowe's Service Advantage
1000 Lowes Blvd. Mooresville, North Carolina USA

Lowe's Service Advantage Mike's Appliance Service(Lowe's contract service) 2 1/2 weeks of dirty underwear Mooresville North Carolina

I have an extended service contract with Lowe's Service Advantage on a Maytag washing machine I bought at Lowe's about three years ago.  On Sunday July 20th my washing machine quit working so on Monday morning July 21st I called Lowe's Service Advantage and was told that Mike's Appliance would be here the following Wednesday,  shortly thereafter Mike's Appliance called and said they would not get here untill the following Friday.

At 5:30 PM Friday July 26th Mike's Appliance showed up.  There were two people in a regular car with no markings and only one had a uniform.  After some time they decided the water inlet valve was bad and they had to order it.  Today is Tuesday the 6th of August and the part has not arrived yet.

I have called Lowes corporate headquarters sveral times with no satisfaction.  I have been told three times that someone would call me back within 24 hours and have never received that call.  I called the appliance department at the local store and was told by a very nice lady in the appliance department that if the repair was expected to take over five days I should get a loaner machine.  They did not even show up before five days and I do not have a machine yet.

I have been a loyal Lowe's Customer for years and have always been very happy with the service I received.  This disaster has changed my mind about Lowe's.  I Do not think a reputable company would contine to use a subcontracter that does not even show up for a week then takes a week and a half to order a very common inexpensive part.  Most service companys would be here and repair the unit with parts they carry on the truck within two days.

I did not buy an expensive washing machine and a service contract so I could have my choice of going to a laundermat or having 2 1/2 weeks of dirty underwear.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lowes-Service-Advantage/Mooresville-North-Carolina-28117/Lowes-Service-Advantage-Mikes-Appliance-ServiceLowes-contract-service-2-12-weeks-of-1073504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lowe's Service Advantage