Complaint Review: Lowe's, Whirlpool

• Submitted: Tue, February 21, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, March 28, 2011

• Reported By:Santa Clarita California
Lowe's, Whirlpool
26415 Bouquet Canyon Rd Santa Clarita, California U.S.A.

Lowe's, Whirlpool Lowe's Whirlpool Rebate Scam Ripoff Santa Clarita California

*UPDATE Employee: mis information

*Consumer Comment: Some additional suggestions here...

*Consumer Comment: Pretty simular story

*Consumer Suggestion: Same rebate different results

*Consumer Comment: rebates

*Consumer Suggestion: Typical of Lowe's

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry for the trouble, but...

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry for the trouble, but...

We researched appliances for our new home and found that Lowe's had the best prices. They were offering a $400 rebate if you purchased four Whirlpool appliances. We purchased the Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer set, an above range microwave, and a dishwasher. We were guaranteed by the salesperson that all of these were qualifying items because they were all over the minimum price needed and the rebate itself had no description of such restrictions. We submitted a copy of the receipt with the rebate info. We also were told we would get a rebate of $50 for shipping.

A few weeks later the $50 rebate came, but no $400. We called and they said we submitted the wrong info. We only had one receipt so how could it have been the wrong info? So they said to re-submit it. We did. A few weeks went by and no check. During the next call they told us that our appliances didn't qualify. We told them the salesperson guaranteed they were. We asked for a supervisor, they said they were too busy to talk to us. They said to re-submit it again. So we sent another copy of the receipt. Another two weeks went by and no check. Called again demanding a supervisor only to be told they were too busy and that the appliances we purchased didn't qualify Plus the rebate offer had expired so we couldn't get the money at all now. We've called the store and got transferred to different managers with no answers. We found out that Lowe's runs the rebate department not Whirlpool. It looks as if they never intended to honor the more expensive rebate in the first place. It may only be $400, but when you purchase thousands of dollars worth of appliances, a guarantee of $400 back should be just what it says.

Melissa
Valencia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2006 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lowes-Whirlpool/Santa-Clarita-California/Lowes-Whirlpool-Lowes-Whirlpool-Rebate-Scam-Ripoff-Santa-Clarita-California-177309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lowe's, Whirlpool

mis information

AUTHOR: rocky - (United States of America)

you know these reports are all a bunch of mis information. i work for lowes and rebates are always going on. a individual or multiple individual employees are using these as selling tools. what they are not doing is looking into the the full picture of things. being ignorant as an individual doesn't make the company liable for anything. the $400 dollar rebates are on whirlpool gold products that "qualify" key words are qualify. anybody with the minimul selling skills should know you can go to lowes.com type in the item # of what the customer is wanting and guess what if it has a rebate it will have in flourescent 'rebate available."' why is this hard it isn't. i havent had one customer in the 5 years ive been selling appliances for lowes com to me and say i didnt get my rebate back. once again poor selling skills and the individuals wanting to make an extra buck leads to these results. so if you have a doubt about a rebate personally go to lowes.com and look up the items you are buying or have the employee too. you will never have a issue again.

Some additional suggestions here...

AUTHOR: spc3rd - (USA)

I certainly empathize with this deplorable situation you & quite a few consumers are facing. This type of scenario seems to be increasing in frequency among businesses that (are supposed to be)...reputable. Deceptive/misleading advertising by businesses is one of the most frequent complaints I've seen...right here on the ROR website alone!

May I strongly suggest to those who have not received any acceptable resolution to your problem(s)...that you prepare and send certified letters of complaint (with a return receipt request) to both Lowes [or whichever store you may have purchased from] and Whirlpool's Corporate Offices.

Be certain to include all relevant documentation, such as, copies of receipts, statements made by store employees, responses by store management [both orally, by mail, or email], any written advertisements, etc. It is equally important to be 100% accurate regarding your facts in the case as well! Dates and times are a definite "plus."

In addition, please ensure you specify exactly WHAT you would consider to be anacceptable resolution to the complaint you are presenting. Also, forward a copy of your letter to the BBB, as well as, advise the corporate offices you have filed a report here on the ROR website. (Please review the advice which the ROR editor [Ed]provides here as well in this regard).

When enough consumers take the initiative in this regard and go straight to corporate management...and even the news media...reputable companies willbegin taking more seriously the displeasure of consumers with their products and/or lack of effective customer service, both during the pre-sale & post-sale periods.

One bit ofadditional pertinent info here(for those who may not be aware): There have been some issues with a particular type of flexible, aluminum foil dryer exhaust duct that was used during the installation process with some dryers, whichwas discovered topose a serious safety concern (i.e, afire hazard & the fact this particular type of exhaust tubing was not the typerecommended for usein accordance with the dryer manufacturer's specifications).

This issue existed with a dryer I purchasedfrom, & was delivered/installed byLowes.*However, Lowes was very accommodating,sending a repair technician outwho resolved the problem (replacing the original tubing with the correct one) in a most timely manner...AND, at NO CHARGE to me!

I wish you the best in your endeavors!

Pretty simular story

AUTHOR: skfinch01 - (United States of America)

I had the same results with the Lowes/whirlpool rebate.

I even used the rebate receipt printed right from the Lowe's register. All I had to do was fill it out and send it in. They claimed the products did not qualify, even though they clearly did and it even generated a rebate receipt at the time I bought them.

I spoke with someone at the rebate center, who said they were a Lowe's employee and they were NO help at all. His job is to run interference and stall you so the time line expires.

I went back to the store and the employee there told me they have issues all the time with the rebate department. He found the exact models I bought and circled them on the hard copy rebate form. He then circled them on the receipt AGAIN. I sent all the documentation in to the rebate center, but how much do you want to bet they don't pay?

Lowe's tries to stall you and give you deadlines for returning the rebate forms over and over as they deny you on products that are clearly on the rebate forms. It is a scam that is even recognized by the local store employees.

Lowes needs to get called out on this. I am sure there are hundreds of scammed customers out there.

Thanks for your time.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Same rebate different results

AUTHOR: Scubascott - (U.S.A.)

Sorry to hear about your rebate, but I'd recommend working this through the store manager and sales associate that told you about the rebate qualifications. If you made copies of the form and reciepts I'm sure they can help. I've had complaints on damaged products, wrong prices and other issues at Lowes a number of times and always had good results in just explaining any reasonable issues (politely) with a manager.

I had the same rebate and was worried about the 3rd party processing company and that my purchases wouldn't qualify because of a couple of postings that I saw out here. It scared me that it said "select Whirlpool appliances" but there was no definition anywhere of what this meant. The associate assured me and even showed me in the system that mine qualified. I mailed everything in and 6 weeks later sent an email about the status since it didn't show online yet and I recieved a prompt and polite response on the status. 2 days later I recieved a check for $400 for 4 appliances exactly as advertised.

I hope you have better luck dealing with the store. Rebates can be a pain sometimes, but in your case it sounds like they should've be more clear on what qualifies.

rebates

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

sounds like the salesman's fault to me. I own a small appliance store and every rebate I have ever seen was for a select model number on each type of appliance. looks like lowes got away with not knowing what they are doing again. the only time that I know of that they use a doller amount is for delivery cost rebates that is why you got your $50.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Lowe's may or may not participate in the rebate, but they still lie, cheat, and steal worse than any used car dealer. This is why I refuse to shop at Lowe's, even if my toilet is overflowing and they are the closest. I will drive a few more miles for a ---- to avoid the lying, cheating, and lazy employees at Lowe's

Revenge will be served if the new store on 13th St in Gainesville, FL goes under. Their service is so bad, I pray nightly for their failure!!!

#7 Consumer Suggestion

#8 Consumer Suggestion

#9 Consumer Suggestion

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry for the trouble, but...

AUTHOR: Libbie - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, Lowe's doesnt do the rebates themselves. A secondary company handles the rebates, Lowe's only sells them.

I know which Whirlpool rebate you are speaking of, as I worked for Lowe's and dealt with these. The rebate was for certain appliances, not just by price. The store should have looked it up on their rebate information on their computer system. If it wasn't there, they could have called Whirlpool themselves.

For future reference, you can go to www.lowes.com/rebates and get rebate information.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry for the trouble, but...

AUTHOR: Libbie - (U.S.A.)

Harvard