• Report: #201897

• Submitted: Wed, July 19, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 15, 2006

• Reported By:leesburg Georgia
Lowes
1200 N. Westover Albany, Georgia U.S.A.

Lowes Home Improvement ripoff dishonest rude managers defective carpeting Albany, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Greed

*Consumer Comment: lowes and hd sub contractors

*Author of original report: Lowes Home Improvement ripoff dishonest rude managers defective carpeting

*Consumer Comment: GOSH!!!!!

*Consumer Comment: After 4+ months...

My husband and I bought our first home in January 2006. Needed to have it carpeted before we could move in, so bought carpet from Lowes in January. Took them over 3 weeks to finally get the carpet installed. When I checked al the rooms I saw that they had put 2 different carpets in my daughters room and that they had covered all my outlets that are in the floors.

I called Lowes and thay said they would have someone out there the next day. A week later, after many calles from me, The owner of the instalation company came to our house. He cut out the outlets and looked at my daughters room. Well while he was here I showed him where all the carpet in the house was coming apart at every seam. He stated that his worked just didn't seam it together right. That he would have them back out the next day. The next day no one ever came. I called Lowes and They said they would get them to my house the next day.

Well this was well into Feb. and as we were not planning to move in until the end of March we weren't to concerned. The middle of March we started to get very upset. With many calls from us to Lowes with the now famous we will call you back or we will have somebody there tomorrow as there answer evertime.

Finally in May a manager comes to our house and looks at all the carpet wich has now come unraveled all over the house. He stated that it looks like the carpet in defective to him and let him see what he can do for us.

Now it is July 19th I spent most of yesterday at Lowes getting the run around. First off the say okay we will replace all the carpet in your home but you need to pay for the difference of the carpet. Which the only one they have is about 1000.00 dollar differnece.
Plus I will have to move all the stuff in my home so they can have it installed.

Well I refuse to pay 1000.00 dollar diffence for new carpet. If they had taken care of this when I first complained My house would still have been empty and nothing would have to be moved. Now they want to inconvenance me. First I don't have any idea how long it would actually take them to get the carpet here and installed and my work is done from my computer online and I would have to undo both my computers and not be about to work for how ever long it takes them to get finished. THey really just do not care about the customer at all.

Teresa
Leesburg, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2006 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lowes/Albany-Georgia-31701/Lowes-Home-Improvement-ripoff-dishonest-rude-managers-defective-carpeting-Albany-Georgia-201897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lowes

Greed

AUTHOR: R - (U.S.A.)

As an ex-contactor w/ lowes for years; we saw first hand a truley good program that flurished well for the customer, the store, and the contractor, which was always last then too. As ceo's changed hands, new policys rolled out stretching profit margins oneway to customers and decreasing contractor payments another.

Adverse effects of this were ignored for the dollar. Policies included contractors having to pay for all Lowes marketing atire and eating damaged goods that went out the door uninspected due to time contraints.

As new policies rolled over contractors like bowling pins. Day to day procedures became untolarable and onesided. We saw high quality contactors, extremely good at what they do, face decisions to discontinue longtime partnerships with the big box company. More was time spent covering your six than getting to your customer's home by six.

Your best bet today is to use the old faithful "word of mouth". Don't go cheap- you know cheap is what you'll get, and it will bite. You may also try asking around for the good contractors used by Lowes a couple of years ago. Be advised that the sales force in some of the departments have a very high turn overrate and may not have an answer for you. Many, not all the craftsman, were very sharp, and are still thriving today. Your prices will almost always be better than the box store costs.

Look twice, Hire once.

Also Remember 1st rule of contracting.
"something for nothing = nothing":

lowes and hd sub contractors

AUTHOR: Daniel - (U.S.A.)

i was a floor specialist for hd for three yrs yes lowes and hd use and hire subcontractors to do installations for them the problem is that when these contractors are screened and then hired they pass with flying colors its the installing contractors who then screw up they hire bumbs off the street and anyone looking to work these guys have no idea of how to install carpet they wing it.

I cant tell you how many of my customers complained about shi**y work but i can tell you this when there was a problem i backed my customer up i would go to a manager and tell them the problem so it was corrected so what im telling you to do is this first go find the person that sold you the carpet make them replace it its clear that there is a defect in it second both these companies have a higher up complaint dept ask them for the number at hd it was homer if none of these work.

I would suggest that you go file a small claim lawsuit with the courts in your area i once went to court with one customer over the pergo flooring that was defective and because i was there the judge ruled in her favor and the floor was replaced etc he also told the hd lawyer that they were not to fire me and if he found out they did because of this they would be in deep do do after all i was doing a job they hired me for

Lowes Home Improvement ripoff dishonest rude managers defective carpeting

AUTHOR: Teresa - (U.S.A.)

I know I will never go to lowes again. My husband is a contracter and bought all of his material at lowes before all this with the carpet and he now uses other companies and will never go to lowes again.

We not only bought our carpet there but all of our kitchen appliances and all the paint for our new house. Did have to take some of the paint back twice before they mixed the color right. And never did get the rebates that we were to get with the appliances.

We were also going to have the bathrooms and kitchen tiled and three sets of french doors installed. But lowes lost that business. We plan on going with h.p. for that now. I mean all in all lowes has lost about 7000.00 dollars of home improvement business and the 1000s my husband spent there a month, for what? There own mess up.

GOSH!!!!!

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Does this mean I whould best forget about buying an entryway door including installation from HD or Lowes ? I do not want headaches over the delivery & installation of $3600 in entryway doors & sidelights...

After 4+ months...

AUTHOR: Jamie - (U.S.A.)

I think I would tell them to come get the carpet, give you back your money and go elsewhere.

We got carpet in our home from HD last year, the installers were a nightmare as well. HD and Lowes get carpet contractors for cheap and they do cheap work.

They broke our vaccuum cleaner and when we contacted HD they had a long list of complaints against that installer. HD gave us the same vaccuum cleaner to replace it.