• Report: #131954

• Submitted: Sat, February 19, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, February 19, 2005

• Reported By:North East Maryland
Lowe's
http://www.lowes.com/rebates Bear, Delaware U.S.A.

Lowe's $100 Rebate ripoff for Whirlpool Refrigerator Rip-off Bear Delaware

After receiving a rebate offer in the mail, I purchased a Side-by-Side refrigerator from a Lowe's store in Bear, Delaware on 07/18/04. A few days later in August, I submitted the rebate form along with the appropriate documentation to receive my rebate. Eventually, the status of my rebate on www.lowes.com/rebates read "We have received your submission and it is being processed."

By November I still had not received my rebate, though I did receive a different rebate from Lowe's that I had sent in at the same time. I submitted a message to the Customer Contact Center on the www.lowes.com/rebates website on 11/22/2004. The e-mail response stated "a valid rebate is currently being processed... Rebate Amount: 100.00 gift card...Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing." I kept this email, and a print out of the web page stating it was being processed.

Eventually the status on the site no longer read "We have received your submission..." instead, it read "Your search returned no results." I sent another message to the Rebate Customer Service Center on 12/22/2004 and received an email response on 01/07/2005 stating "A valid rebate is still in process." Still, I have not received my rebate.

I am beginning to feel as though I have been ripped off. One of the reasons I bought this appliance from Lowe's is because of this great promotion, "Get More storage space with the Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator And Get A Free $100 Lowe's Gift Card." But apparently that was a lie.

People buy their products based on this promotion and instead of holding up the company's portion of the deal, they brush it off, in the hopes that they can save another crummy 100 bucks when the consumer- the valued customer, gives up. These things take time, but seven months is a scam.

Just submitted another email to the reabtes "Customer Service Center" and an email to the company's overall feed back area.

Jean
North East, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2005 06:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lowes/Bear-Delaware-19701/Lowes-100-Rebate-ripoff-for-Whirlpool-Refrigerator-Rip-off-Bear-Delaware-131954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lowe's