Complaint Review: Lowes

*Consumer Suggestion: easy fix

*Author of original report: Not Abuse

*General Comment: Abuse....

*General Comment: BECAUSE

I am a general contractor and do most of my business with Lowes.  I buy from Lowes all the time!  I over buy the supplies I need in order to not have to make frequent trips to the store for more supplies.  Many times, I return my supplies without a receipt and now I cannot make returns and have been put on a 'No return' List.  Now I cannot do my returns to receive my money back - this is a complete rip-off!!  Take me off this list!  Why punish the small business for trying to make an income?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lowes/Bellevue-Washington/Lowes-Return-policies-are-messed-up-Bellevue-Washington-1066477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lowes

#1 Consumer Suggestion

easy fix

AUTHOR: madmabear - ()

Easy to fix with signing up with My Lowes Card you never need a receipt. This is not a credit card just a way of keeping all your purchases in one spot for easy access.  The other is a contractor account. Both would easily solve the problem!

Not Abuse

AUTHOR: BHContractor - ()

Hi there,

It appears that Lowe's is responding to this post.  Please let me clarify a few details.

1) I have called the corporate line.  The corporate line is of no help to the customers.  I have sat on hold and left messages with no return calls.  The only way I have gotten off the 'no return' list is by my professional relationship with another store manager.  There is one store who allows me my returns with or without my receipt because I am there almost everyday.

2) I have only brought legitimate Lowes products back to Lowes (the sales staff scans it and it says its a Lowes product) and yet they won't allow it to be returned because of the 'no return' list.

3) Where is the customer service?  I give my phone number every time I make a sale at the cash register - this logs my supplies with my phone number.  When my phone number is pulled up, the products I am returning don't show - who's fault is it that Lowes products don't show up when I come back for a return?   Who is right - Lowes or the customer?  Shouldn't it be the customer?

4) I understand we live in a world of fraud - however when I have a very frequent purchasing history at Lowes, and it can be looked up by anyone at Corporate, shouldn't there be SOME exceptions to this 'no return' list instead of a blanket you're on the 'fraud' list because of my returns?  Why hurt the small business?

5) I can go to anywhere - like Home Depot and not have to deal with this.  I have returned MANY items without one single issue from Home Depot.  I have not been refused for a return at Home Depot, with or without a receipt.

6) If I am unable to count on returns from Lowes, then I will need to change my warranty for my customers: If I buy a product from Lowes, and install it at a project for my customer, I warranty the work.  If there becomes an issue with the product due to manufacturer flaw and the product needs to be replaced, and three months later I bring the product back for replacement, and have NO receipt, are you going to honor that return?!?!?  Do you not see that a no-return policy hurts businesses and customers!

I really think a phone call from Lowes to address this issue is necessary and good customer service instead of this form of communication.

Thank you.

#3 General Comment

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

You sir are on a no return list for 2 very important reasons.

1. You have made a over abundance of returns WITHOUT a reciept.

2. The amount of your returns has exceeded a flat cap amount. This means you have done more then most ppl do on returns. I understand that you are a business and have returns from time to time.

Without a reciept, which is a contract of sale, there is no proof that you purchased the product from Lowes. As you have been returning product WITHOUT a reciept, to them it looks like fraud. They dont know if you stole the product from one store and are useing the system to return it to Lowes. Lowes HAS to protect themselves from customers who are out to screw or steal from Lowes. Its sad but Lowes evidently feels that you fit the profile of someone who is ACTIVLY commiting fraud.

You can resolve this two ways. First DO NOT DO A RETURN WITHOUT A RECEIPT. Second... Call Lowes customer care line and plead your case. DO NOT BE A JACKASS ON THE PHONE!!!!!! You start acting a fool and you will NEVER be removed from this list. FYI every major business has this type of list. Act like a TRUE business professional. You start treating that person who you are talking with asking them to do you a favor like they are less then human or you are better then them, you will be closed down.

Now I know this is a rageing inconvenece for you but try and take the problem and look at it from NOT YOUR VIEWPOINT!! Lowes is a business. Which is VERY VERY straight forward. They have products you need. You choose which products you want and pay for it. End of story. ANY RETURNS ARE A COURTESY!! There is no law that states you can have a refund. You have been abusing the system and they longer wish to allow you to continue to do so.

So in conclusion, just because you have purchased something doesnt mean you have the right to return it without a receipt. A receipt shows current ownership of said products. Just make a copy of your original or ask the clerk behind the register to print you a spare copy so you can do returns.

#4 General Comment

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - ()

You are on the no return list Because

A: The way you do business costs them the profit on your transactions. Returns are expensive!

B: You pattern of returns sugests fraud. I doubt you are comitting fraud but it may look like this: Buy from the competition cheaper and return the cheap product as Lowes more expensive product. Easy to do with wood and such